Teamsters and unionizing Amazon

possibleparrot381

I try to talk to all the Amazon drivers. The top objections I hear in my area are "But you don't even have AC" and "Yall have to work too much, I got a family." Pretty easy sell otherwise. Maybe organize drivers in winter when they're not thinking of the former lol
Good points. We have fans at the hub instead of ac for Christs sake

possibleparrot381

Of course it’s an absolute no brainer. How in the world could anyone with two brain cells, working a job with less than ideal conditions and pay, not be pro union? It’s amazing. We all b and moan about the last contract, but if we weren’t unionized they’d be walking ten people out a day, and we’d all be making 18 bucks an hour.
Because it was half assed and Hoffa knows it

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I try to talk to all the Amazon drivers. The top objections I hear in my area are "But you don't even have AC" and "Yall have to work too much, I got a family." Pretty easy sell otherwise. Maybe organize drivers in winter when they're not thinking of the former lol
These should be easy wins for a union shop also. Basic working conditions

meritocracy

I am all for more external organizing, including targeting Amazon. But it's gonna be hard not talking :censored2: about these Amazon drivers who :censored2:ing suck at driving.

542thruNthru

I am all for more external organizing, including targeting Amazon. But it's gonna be hard not talking * about these Amazon drivers who *ing suck at driving.
You think it's not hard talking S* about UPS drivers from people that actually learned a trade and didn't just get a driver's license?

We're all Teamsters brother. I don't look down on my brothers and sisters, I just support them when they need it.

ManInBrown

I am all for more external organizing, including targeting Amazon. But it's gonna be hard not talking * about these Amazon drivers who *ing suck at driving.
Maybe they wouldn’t suck at driving if they were paid a fair wage. A lot of the sucking at driving I’ve seen is parking against traffic on the opposite side of the road and pulling nose first into 25ft long driveways. Partly probably laziness because they are paid peanuts.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Maybe they wouldn’t suck at driving if they were paid a fair wage. A lot of the sucking at driving I’ve seen is parking against traffic on the opposite side of the road and pulling nose first into 25ft long driveways. Partly probably laziness because they are paid peanuts.
I genuinely feel for them. Imagine getting paid less than half of what a top scale RPCD makes, despite having been there for roughly the same time. No benefits, paid time off is a joke, and it's owned by the richest man in the world. Very sad.

At the very least, they could treat their drivers with dignity and respect. They aren't paid enough to have to deal with any nonsense.

bumped

My eleven year old daughter made the Amazon man cry last week. We live in a large cul de sac, and the Amazon driver drove up on the wrong side of the road to where she was shooting hoops to make her move so he could park. He proceeds to deliver to the neighbors house leaving his white van running with the door open. My daughter walks up to the van, hits the door lock, and slams the door shut. My wife told me the Amazon guy was in tears, and two hours later someone came with keys. I couldn't have been prouder.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
My eleven year old daughter made the Amazon man cry last week. We live in a large cul de sac, and the Amazon driver drove up on the wrong side of the road to where she was shooting hoops to make her move so he could park. He proceeds to deliver to the neighbors house leaving his white van running with the door open. My daughter walks up to the van, hits the door lock, and slams the door shut. My wife told me the Amazon guy was in tears, and two hours later someone came with keys. I couldn't have been prouder.
Hopefully the Amazon driver called the police on your daughter.

You should teach your daughter to respect people.

ManInBrown

I genuinely feel for them. Imagine getting paid less than half of what a top scale RPCD makes, despite having been there for roughly the same time. No benefits, paid time off is a joke, and it's owned by the richest man in the world. Very sad.

At the very least, they could treat their drivers with dignity and respect. They aren't paid enough to have to deal with any nonsense.
Absolutely. It’s terrible.