Teamsters and unionizing Amazon

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My eleven year old daughter made the Amazon man cry last week. We live in a large cul de sac, and the Amazon driver drove up on the wrong side of the road to where she was shooting hoops to make her move so he could park. He proceeds to deliver to the neighbors house leaving his white van running with the door open. My daughter walks up to the van, hits the door lock, and slams the door shut. My wife told me the Amazon guy was in tears, and two hours later someone came with keys. I couldn't have been prouder.
Sounds like a :censored2:ing brat.

he was parked
*stopped briefly to make a delivery

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
My eleven year old daughter made the Amazon man cry last week. We live in a large cul de sac, and the Amazon driver drove up on the wrong side of the road to where she was shooting hoops to make her move so he could park. He proceeds to deliver to the neighbors house leaving his white van running with the door open. My daughter walks up to the van, hits the door lock, and slams the door shut. My wife told me the Amazon guy was in tears, and two hours later someone came with keys. I couldn't have been prouder.

I mean…it’s funny, but your daughter sounds like she has not been raised very well.

Off the leash

Don't think we're allowed to post links here so you'll have to search yourself. Just read that the teamsters voted almost unanimously to allocate sources to a national campaign to look at unionizing Amazon.
If we don’t add new members we will die out, and the new guys will never get a pension.

ManInBrown

This makes absolutely no sense
One of the dumbest comments ever on the BC
And that is saying something
It actually makes perfect sense. Why do you think the majority of tractor trailer drivers on interstate highways drive like complete jack wagons? FedEx, Swift. Riding two feet from someones back bumper if god forbid they don’t get out of he way. Because they aren’t paid properly. So they just want to get done ASAP. Whether it be by the mile or hourly. Doesn’t matter. Same applies to Amazon. They aren’t paid like professional drivers. I drive 55 on all major highways. Why? Because I make almost $40 an hour. I’m not in any rush. I’m paid to do the job in a safe manner, and get from point A to point B in one piece. The Amazon driver can’t be bothered to walk twenty feet to someone’s front door, so he feels the need to pull nose first into every 40 foot driveway.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It actually makes perfect sense. Why do you think the majority of tractor trailer drivers on interstate highways drive like complete jack wagons? FedEx, Swift. Riding two feet from someones back bumper if god forbid they don’t get out of he way. Because they aren’t paid properly. So they just want to get done ASAP. Whether it be by the mile or hourly. Doesn’t matter. Same applies to Amazon. They aren’t paid like professional drivers. I drive 55 on all major highways. Why? Because I make almost $40 an hour. I’m not in any rush. I’m paid to do the job in a safe manner, and get from point A to point B in one piece. The Amazon driver can’t be bothered to walk twenty feet to someone’s front door, so he feels the need to pull nose first into every 40 foot driveway.
FCF718AD-0870-4D1C-B202-A7EF26ACBA32.jpeg
I’ve seen idiots like this making $40 an hour doing dumb stuff like this for many years

you theory doesent hold water pun intended

you can be an idiot at any price

Swift trucks aren't catching up to anyone's bumper, you're clearly manufacturing facts. I've seen our top-rate runners doing just as dumb :censored2: because they wanna get done early and code 5.

ManInBrown

View attachment 342802I’ve seen idiots like this making $40 an hour doing dumb stuff like this for many years

you theory doesent hold water pun intended

you can be an idiot at any price
Well let me ask you, do you really think I’m talking about every single hourly at UPS that makes good money? Of course you’re going to have idiots in every walk of life. Do you really believe the ratio of idiots at good paying driving jobs, is the same ratio at lower paid driving jobs?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well let me ask you, do you really think I’m talking about every single hourly at UPS that makes good money? Of course you’re going to have idiots in every walk of life. Do you really believe the ratio of idiots at good paying driving jobs, is the same ratio at lower paid driving jobs?
You ever work in a bonus center
They really shine in that situation

TeltBender

Why on earth would an hourly driver want to finish sooner if they are upset about how much money they make. Your logic is not sound.