Teamsters Applaud Treasury Decision to Deny CSPF Cuts, Protect Retiree Pensions

rod

Retired 22 years
You only live once. At least I think you do. I feel that I put a fair amount away but when my kids have kids I'm going to want to help them. Do you have children?

We lived that idea for many years---------now my Daughter's family has 3 times the income we have and she is a stay at home Mom.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Family crazy today? Take a look back to the fifties, when nuclear annihilation was presumed. It didn't stop that generation and it didn't stop your parents.
The glass really isn't as empty as you think.
I don't blindly accept centuries of societal norms such as the nuclear family, and predictability of having usually multiple children in a single household. That was my point. It's really all off-topic anyway. You are correct in that maybe times are changing a bit.

Also, I would just say that NEVER would I expect a dime from a pension fund managed by people inept with handling money. That is not a position I plan to be in.

According to some sociologists, "[The nuclear family] no longer seems adequate to cover the wide diversity of household arrangements we see today." (Edwards 1991; Stacey 1996). A new term has been introduced[by whom?], postmodern family, intended to describe the great variability in family forms, including single-parent families and couples without children."[15]

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To prolong the inevitable, create an illusion, and buy H&H one more election.

What is FZ's plan ?

If you don't know.... just say it.

Doesn't the culpability in this pensions failure belong to the union and it's administrative bodies?

Um,

How is that ?

The IBT, has absolutely no control (or say so) since the Consent Decree.

Consent Decree

You should know this.

Or, is this more TDU bull:censored2: ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What is FZ's plan ?
Not sure there is a viable "plan", after decades of neglect?
Um,
How is that ?
The IBT, has absolutely no control (or say so) since the Consent Decree.
That's why I included the label of "administrative bodies", as well as the union.
Perhaps that was the wrong term?
Consent Decree

You should know this.
I'm familiar.
Or, is this more TDU bull:censored2:
I'm not affiliated with TDU, nor do I have any angst towards them.
Don't even have their website bookmarked, but I do read some stories that are linked here or elsewhere.
I tend to find their articles too short and incomplete, kind of dumbed down.
They do link resources though, to further explain the article content.

~Bbbl~

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd like to see the option of either a pension contributions or instead a 401k deposit and match. Let each employee decide which they want to participate in.

Pensions were created to make sure retirees who wouldn't take care of their retirement on their own were taken care of. They are outdated and the funds designated for deposit should instead be placed in our individual 401k's.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm sure you were happy, when they took your picture off their main page. I know.... you were just there, to sell some sort of BS insurance.
That picture still pops up from time to time.

You can't really blame them.

...and that insurance is a God send, since the Union is great at getting our jobs back, but terrible at protecting our wages.
Don't go to work without it.

~Bbbl~

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That picture still pops up from time to time.

You can't really blame them.

I get it.

They have to pretend, like they have members.

...and that insurance is a God send, since the Union is great at getting our jobs back, but terrible at protecting our wages.
Don't go to work without it.

It's funny.

People do dumb things to get themselves fired.

The Union gets them their job back, and they're hacked off because of no back-pay.

Not realizing.... that's the penalty for their mistake. (putting it lightly)

So, insurance (for some people) might make sense.

-Bug-

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
bug, look in the mirror when the next contract ruins millions of lives and makes you start working for a living,, i wish TDU was not around so i could see who else you could put the blame on....

Inthegame

I don't blindly accept centuries of societal norms such as the nuclear family, and predictability of having usually multiple children in a single household.
OK, whatever that means. I just know I've had a few successes in my "blindly accepting societal norm" life but none compare to my (multiple) children. But that's just me partner...

OK, whatever that means. I just know I've had a few successes in my "blindly accepting societal norm" life but none compare to my (multiple) children. But that's just me partner...
I hung with my son today. Priceless my grandfather Bernie is the best man I've ever met. My son is the guy I always wanted to know. We have a bromance.

I get it.

They have to pretend, like they have members.

It's funny.

People do dumb things to get themselves fired.

The Union gets them their job back, and they're hacked off because of no back-pay.

Not realizing.... that's the penalty for their mistake. (putting it lightly)

So, insurance (for some people) might make sense.

-Bug-
The first manager I got fired for good was my insurance. The tales that still go around about this are priceless.

Inthegame

Also, I would just say that NEVER would I expect a dime from a pension fund managed by people inept with handling money. That is not a position I plan to be in.
Your blaming the wrong people. The conditions existing that are affecting the CS plan have nothing to do with pension funds managed by people inept with handling money. If fact the rescue plan was an attempt by thoughtful people acting responsibly by putting forth a plan to save the fund. Unfortunately irresponsible, non-money handling outsiders have allowed conditions to deteriorate to this point with inaction. Delaying this plan will cause further cuts.