Teamsters Applaud Treasury Decision to Deny CSPF Cuts, Protect Retiree Pensions

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The issue is that it's our money.

If you had direct control over it.... it would be.

Our mechanic told me yesterday that he's got 15 yrs in at UPS shortly and his pension will be $3000/mo.

Right.

He also said that another mechanic is retiring at 35 yrs of service and that his monthly pension will be $11-12000/mo.

They get the same contribution that I get.

Are you that gullible ?

Come on....

-Bug-

10 point

If you had direct control over it.... it would be.

Right.

Are you that gullible ?

Come on....

-Bug-
I'm just reporting what I was told. The Center manager told us that the mechanics retirement was about $9,000 a month for 30 years of service. That was said about a month ago. So the mechanic and I were talking last night and he said that if he retired with 15 years of service that he gets $3,000 a month for his pension.
Our mechanic is s very honest person. I've known him for several years and he's repaired my personal vehicles.
He's not a liar like some on this forum.
So yes, I believe what he told me.

It's obvious that he's not in CS.

rod

Retired 22 years
Considering most mechanics get VERY little overtime pay are you saying that he is now going to get way more after retiring than he makes now? $12,000 a month pension is $148,000 a year. NO WAY. Don't be so gullible.

10 point

Considering most mechanics get VERY little overtime pay are you saying that he is now going to get way more after retiring than he makes now? $12,000 a month pension is $148,000 a year. NO WAY. Don't be so gullible.
I am not saying anything. This was what I was told.
If he will give me his information supporting that this next week I will post it without his name because it was sent to him in a letter that is easily verifiable.

rod

Retired 22 years
I am not saying anything. This was what I was told.
If he will give me his information supporting that this next week I will post it without his name because it was sent to him in a letter that is easily verifiable.

We will be waiting :-)---I want to see this.

An IMAC mechanic or maintenance ups employee gets 6400 top out for their pension. This will change in the near future because it unsustainable. In my opinion also irresponsible.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Fair enough. Now tell me how many of those retirees, if given this money upfront rather than having it held for them, would have had the wherewithall to properly invest it, thus assuring a secure retirement?
Well, I can't say that I disagree with that, but that was not the question.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Around the same as us.

In hourly rate. But everywhere I go, driving feeders, OT is a rare thing for mechanics. Drivers, PC and feeders, CAN make way more than any other hourly worker here. Most seem to prefer it, not working OT.

In hourly rate. But everywhere I go, driving feeders, OT is a rare thing for mechanics. Drivers, PC and feeders, CAN make way more than any other hourly worker here. Most seem to prefer it, not working OT.
Yea a mechanic can make money on the side doing side work.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Correct.

Are you that gullible ?

Come on....

10 point is correct. Apparently you are clueless.

And you believed that ?

You should know better. I would think a Big Union Guy would have a clue as to what other UPS union pensions are.

All of your posts.... are starting to make sense.... now.

I guess if you mean he is correct on this, then he is probably correct on all his other posts.

They got the same pension contributions and increases that we did. They managed it better.

There is no way his pension will be anywhere near $9-12K/month.

Wanna bet?

An IMAC mechanic or maintenance ups employee gets 6400 top out for their pension. This will change in the near future because it unsustainable. In my opinion also irresponsible.

We're talking IAM, not IMAC. But there is speculation about sustainability, although it is good right now.

$9150/mo for 30 years
$10675/mo for 35 years.

IAMNP.jpg