Teamsters Reach Out to FedEx Freight Drivers Nationwide

bacha29

And yet you can't understand why we're "miserable."
What "oldfart" doesn't understand is the extent to which you guys were cheated when Smith trashed your defined benefit plan and replaced it with a cheap substitute that was sold to you as an equivalent plan. He doesn't know the difference between a defined benefit and a defined contribution. His only salvation is the fact that he was hired a few years before you guys were. You have every reason to feel cheated. Understand oldfart is big into hero worship and Fred S is his hero because Smith probably is the only thing standing between oldfart and an entire life spent working at a fried chicken joint.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Lol this is the exact bs a white shirt from HQ tried to feed us at my station a few months ago. "Our plan is soooo much better than a pension because you can leave it to whomever you choose."

Speak with ANY financial advisor about whether to take a pension or a group rrsp and the answer will ALWAYS be pension.
The more he says, the funnier it gets. Lol.

bacha29

Let me understand you. We are lucky that we have a pension now that pays a lot less because we can leave it to anyone we like? Um, we'll most likely go through every penny trying to get by. If you annuitize it you'll get a payment, part of which you can leave to your spouse just like a traditional pension. Only less. The inheritance feature to the best of my knowledge is only the cash value if you suddenly died and hadn't annualized it yet. Then you could leave it to others. I think most of us would prefer the traditional pension with a survivor benefit for our spouse.
You bet the defined benefit pension plan is better. "Oldfart" keeps talking about the ability of the defined contribution plan. to create survivors benefits to heirs and spouses. What difference is that going to make if there's nothing in it? With the defined benefit plan at least you know what's coming in each month possibly enough to buy some life insurance .

vantexan

I DO understand. You are a miserable hate filled person who hates life and everything in it. I have a couple of workers in my station like you. Everyone avoids any conversation with them and walks away when they enter the room. Sound familiar?

The conversation could be about the most beautiful woman that flirted with the miserable courier that day and he would complain that she had ugly fingernails. People like you are never happy. The company could give you a $2 an hour raise and drop insurance premiums by 50% and you would find a reason to whine.
Au contraire monsuier bullspitter. I'm making chicken salad out of chickenschitt by leaving FedEx just as soon as I can. There's more to life than liars and the oldfarts who defend them. Hasta la Vista, dipschitt!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then why on Earth do you hang out here?

And by the way $2 hr. raises and 50% reductions in insurance premiums ain't ever gonna happen so what you're doing is spreading FedEx manure propaganda in the futile hope that somebody will believe you. Fat chance.

The figures that he gave were examples to help support his point.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I DO understand. I have a couple of workers in my station like you. Everyone avoids any conversation with them and walks away when they enter the room. Sound familiar?

The conversation could be about the most beautiful woman that flirted with the miserable courier that day and he would complain that she had ugly fingernails. People like you are never happy. The company could give you a $2 an hour raise and drop insurance premiums by 50% and you would find a reason to whine.
"Grumpy oldfart" wasn't available?