Teamsters Reach Out to FedEx Freight Drivers Nationwide

Oldfart

Go
How's that fedex pension working out for you
Gonna work out great for me in a few months. We'll, wait, not just 1 pension, but oldfarts like me have 2 pensions. One glance to the UPS forums will show you the fear and disappointment with how the teamsters pensions problems have people uneasy.

MAKAVELI

Go

Gonna work out great for me in a few months. We'll, wait, not just 1 pension, but oldfarts like me have 2 pensions. One glance to the UPS forums will show you the fear and disappointment with how the teamsters pensions problems have people uneasy.
You do realize people not under the old traditional plan at fedex don't have a real pension?

Oldfart

You do realize people not under the old traditional plan at fedex don't have a real pension?
You do realize you are dumb as can be? What do you call a fund that is 100% funded by the company and paid to you upon retirement? A pension. No matter what the miserables say.

MAKAVELI

You do realize you are dumb as can be? What do you call a fund that is 100% funded by the company and paid to you upon retirement? A pension. No matter what the miserables say.
I call it a severance package.
You do realize all that kool aid is bad for your health?

overflowed

You have stupid written all over you. I was there almost a decade and can barely buy a decent new car with what was accumulated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The teamsters has lost so many members over the years, they are in desperate need of new members. Their pension plan is in shambles. Just ask anyone on a Teamster pension.

You are making generalities not based on facts.

There is no one single Teamster pension plan which covers all union hourlies. Some of us are covered by the company while others, such as myself, are covered by a Teamster multiple employer pension plan. It is the latter that are in trouble.

As far as membership, some parts of the country are losing members while others are gaining. Overall membership is down.

dezguy

Where does one get one of these "pensions" because I certainly don't have that and what I do have certainly isn't 100% funded by the company.

Oldfart

Where does one get one of these "pensions" because I certainly don't have that and what I do have certainly isn't 100% funded by the company.
Not sure where you work but at the Fedex I work at, the company contributes a % of my yearly income every June to a fund. That fund is drawing 4%. Which is excellent in today's economy. That will be payable by either a lump sum or monthly payments when I retire. I contribute ZERO to this account. That is the exact definition of a pension. Look it up in a dictionary.

Oldfart

You have stupid written all over you. I was there almost a decade and can barely buy a decent new car with what was accumulated.
ALMOST a decade? Did you expect a fortune for a pension plan you were in ALMOST a decade? Go work anywhere for ALMOST a decade and see how much FREE money you accumulate. Think you were expecting a little too much.

Oldfart

I call it a severance package.
You do realize all that kool aid is bad for your health?
Call it what you want. I bet you won't turn it down when you retire. Negative minded people will always find a reason to complain about most things. You find it necessary to complain about a package that is based on FREE money to be given to you at retirement. Plus a 401k that has a nice company match. MORE free money. ONLY 14% of Fortune 500 companies have a pension of ANY kind and a 401k. Fedex is 1 of them.

Oldfart

A pension is not part of a severance package.
Our pension is NOT a severance package. If you want to be a pessimist, ANY pension could be called a severance. You ONLY get it when you leave the company. I will take over 100k and call it whatever you want me to. I call it free money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LO

LOL. Like I said. When I leave in a few months, I will take a nice check. Pessimist can call it what they want.

I can see that reading is not your strong suit.

The word severance is derived from the root word sever which means to cut. Severance packages are offered to those employees who leave not of their own accord.