Technologies UPS is Using to Get Ahead of the Competition

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Roadie? Hiring non-union people to do bargaining unit work?

That'll go over like a lead balloon.
don't hold your breath there kiddo, it was a smashing success last peak

besides as long as we pay off the old timers they'll roll over and let us do whatever we want in the future because of the good old union brotherhood saying of ":censored2: you, i've got mine"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

besides as long as we pay off the old timers they'll roll over and let us do whatever we want in the future because of the good old union brotherhood saying of ":censored2: you, i've got mine"

And a hale and hearty up yours to you, phony IE dork.

tadpole

Hahaha. UPS is a technology company. SMH. Then why can't we fix the errors in our trace? Why does the system try to fix addresses that are correct and send them to the wrong route? Why does smartstop not let me DR to apartments? Why is there no tool to show which stops are commercial? Why can't we have DIAD batteries that last a full day?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Ups is a "report" company that spends it's days mostly trying to figure out why the computer model is usually failing.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hahaha. UPS is a technology company. SMH. Then why can't we fix the errors in our trace? Why does the system try to fix addresses that are correct and send them to the wrong route? Why does smartstop not let me DR to apartments? Why is there no tool to show which stops are commercial? Why can't we have DIAD batteries that last a full day?
1. lazy pds
2. bad clerks/data scrub
3. because DFU's
4. there is
5. my DIAD never had a problem, your OMS is lazy and not taking care of the DIAD racks properly

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You certainly have history on your side with that prediction.

Box Ox

If it was not for UPS's strategic implementation of advanced implementation of Technology, UPS probably would be defunct or a shallow version of what it is today.

FACT

jtkrp4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Box Ox

You are welcome ... I spent my last 20 years at UPS striving to keep your job!

I hope so. Sometimes seems like some real Decepticon level stuff.

The Decepticons are one of the primary factions in the Transformers mythos. They are typically concerned with such things as conquering Cybertron, (Earth?)defeating the Autobots, (union/labor?) amassing large quantities of energon, ($$?) developing powerful weaponry (ORION?), and beating people up (stop count?).

Decepticon - Transformers Wiki

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
1. lazy pds
2. bad clerks/data scrub
3. because DFU's
4. there is
5. my DIAD never had a problem, your OMS is lazy and not taking care of the DIAD racks properly

easy there fella, not the clerks fault pal system flips addys all over the place and the part time kid supervisor who scrubs knows nothing. wish to hell i had the ability to pal scrub or data scrub. we lost that in the big grievance as it is not considered union work. if i make a bad correction on a moved, no such number or whatever that's on me. i may not be humping weight like a preloader or driver anymore but i still take great pride in doing what i can to make service on any package in my realm. just sayin

Johney

What is this payoff you speak of? I'm pretty old.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
easy there fella, not the clerks fault pal system flips addys all over the place and the part time kid supervisor who scrubs knows nothing. wish to hell i had the ability to pal scrub or data scrub. we lost that in the big grievance as it is not considered union work. if i make a bad correction on a moved, no such number or whatever that's on me. i may not be humping weight like a preloader or driver anymore but i still take great pride in doing what i can to make service on any package in my realm. just sayin

hey man i wish we made exceptions for people like you

542thruNthru

Other than Orion, which technologies do not work?

Apparently your timecard system. We have a big problem at the moment because cover drivers are not getting paid correctly. The issues seems to be the twilight and day shift after completely separate. So when they put in his time in our end the system doesn't recognize it and doesn't pay them. 6 time cards completely wrong 9 weeks in a row.

I demand you fix this or I will be forced to have tearsinrain pick up the big red phone on his desk that connects him directly to Abney!