Technologies UPS is Using to Get Ahead of the Competition

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Other than Orion, which technologies do not work?
PAL labels out of sync, or just wrong address completely. The whole PAL system sucks, ever since it was implemented. Load quality has gone down and down.

How about this one, consignee requests you leave a DR-able package at the office. Diad asks if you wish to leave it there, however the office doesn't accept deliveries. However, it won't let you DR it even though it is no signature required and a good DR.

Keyless entry. Lmao. The bulkhead door is supposed to open on its own. Freaking thing never works, either gets hung up on the lock, or the rod that is supposed to open it is bent, or springs destroyed and it closes halfway so that you can't get packages through without holding the door.

All this crap is supposed to save us time doing the job. All it does is extend it. Yet we get more work every time some computer dork sitting on his fat ass eating twinkies dreams up some other dumb thing.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Three technologies UPS is using to get ahead - Louisville Business First

UPS is "a technology company with trucks," according to Matt Capozzoli, vice president of flight operations for UPS Airlines.

Capozzoli spoke yesterday during the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce's annual Business Summit, which took place at the Galt House.

During the appearance, Capozzoli discussed three technologies the company is using.
I saw a video where the Chief Technology Officer said this a few years ago on Fox Business and it's what I think of every time a DIAD or computer crashes.

Delivery!!!

1. lazy pds
2. bad clerks/data scrub
3. because DFU's
4. there is
5. my DIAD never had a problem, your OMS is lazy and not taking care of the DIAD racks properly
Is there a way for drivers to access number 4 or see it in the Diad. And why isn't it integrated with orion. My last ten stops the other day were all business from the 1000 shelf scheduled to be delivered after 5.

Box Ox

Oh, its coming quicker then you think....

a6e012d1e10bca928bc3136b522c56f74c51372f92bb31bd242d780ffa2a932c.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
i accept responsibility for my :censored2: ups; but that has nothing to do with the fact that a bad DIAD on road is directly on the PM OMS
No it really isn't. Stuff breaks during the day. It doesn't magically happen when someone walks into the building.

It's okay, I get simulations are more your thing than the real world.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Is there a way for drivers to access number 4 or see it in the Diad. And why isn't it integrated with orion. My last ten stops the other day were all business from the 1000 shelf scheduled to be delivered after 5.
It sounds like the DOL is screwed up in your dispatch. Only way for that to get fixed is your PDS doing his job.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Apparently your timecard system. We have a big problem at the moment because cover drivers are not getting paid correctly. The issues seems to be the twilight and day shift after completely separate. So when they put in his time in our end the system doesn't recognize it and doesn't pay them. 6 time cards completely wrong 9 weeks in a row.

I demand you fix this or I will be forced to have tearsinrain pick up the big red phone on his desk that connects him directly to Abney!
Since it's you, I'll get ole Dave a call myself.
Consider it fixed!
More than likely it is an ID 10 T error.

DOK

Three technologies UPS is using to get ahead - Louisville Business First

UPS is "a technology company with trucks," according to Matt Capozzoli, vice president of flight operations for UPS Airlines.

Capozzoli spoke yesterday during the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce's annual Business Summit, which took place at the Galt House.

During the appearance, Capozzoli discussed three technologies the company is using.
We deliver packages bruh, we are a delivery company that uses technology, and not very well. We've done it for over a 100 years, it will never change, it will always be our core business, delivering cardboard. No matter how unromantic that may sound to you.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Simple is better. Technology tends to make the most mundane task far more complex than it needs to be. We see it in our routes on a daily basis. We should never had businesses on our 7s and 8s. Business stops should always be a priority. orion be damned if it adds a few extra miles to make service on a business in a timely manner. There was one day a few weeks ago that orion had me delivering 90 RESI stops before I ever began my business in town. There were nearly 20 businesses that were set to be delivered after 5.
Technology company.....pishaw.
Let's get back to the basics.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

no i wish it was, it would make life easier for drivers

I have to search for my DIAD everyday because the racks won't charge 'em... been like that for 2 years, not the OMS's fault.

yah that is 100% on your PM OMS, sorry

they CAN fix that

No it really isn't. Stuff breaks during the day. It doesn't magically happen when someone walks into the building.

It's okay, I get simulations are more your thing than the real world.

that's a bull:censored2: excuse, i don't think you know what you're talking about here

sure DIAD's can get broken on road but chronic battery issues are the fault of the PM OMS, either for not SOCing them out or for not cleaning the racks properly

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes it's stupid that they don't go in and put a 17:00 commit on all business stops. They have the ability to do that.