Telematics

austin

Has anyone been disciplined bases on information received thru telematics ? If so what was the offense and what defense did your steward use if any ? Any terminations ?

austin

Nothing. Just trying to inform my coworkers of how important the methods really are. Happen to have a trigger happy center manager who loves to beat his chest. "This makes it easier to fire people" referencing telematics. We all know the type.

Braveheart

Why did our union not put something in the damn contract to protect us from this?

I agree we need to have our seatbelts on and bulk head door closed and so forth but there are times a customer asks you to move your truck up 5 feet and your cab is full of boxes so you edge it up at 5 mph and either do not close bilk head or forget seat belt.

Does that seem like a fair reason to fire someone. It is big brother police state coming to life.

Billy

Article 6
Section 4
(8) No employee shall be discharged on a first offense if such discharge is based solely upon
information received from GPS or any successor system unless he/she engages in dishonesty
(defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any act or omission by an employee where he/she
intends to defraud the Company). The degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not
be changed because of the use of GPS.

would this be the successor system? I've heard that there is another list that you show up on if you aren't in the allowed time window. We do not use it yet, but Maryland does ( our neighbors) so I'm sure it's to follow soon. My only thoughts on this system is what if there's a software problem? What if your belt is on and the system doesn't think it is? I've driven cars that the fasten belt warning was on but I've had it on. {shrug} I guess only time will tell.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What everybody needs to understand is that this technology, while not admissible in a disciplinary hearing, does give management the information needed to target the offenders. They can now sit at their desks and compile a list of drivers to observe with a likelihood of infractions rather than bounce around randomly. Like it or not management will now be much more efficient. The obvious choice remains to work as directed and make more money in the process.