Tell me about your bad day

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I made the mistake of going on the UPS fb page to see if the consensus was we did better this year. I only made it through three whining customers posts before I bailed.
I should have known better.

Future

Victory Ride
1252-11-pics-of-stupid-people-doing-stupid-things-8.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We get paid by the hour so it all even's out, unless you are running like a fool and skipping breaks.

watdaflock?

At least if not more than 2/3rds of my pc's packages come down the belt the last hour of the day.
First 2+ hours of the sort I have it made, no problems at all. Last hour every day the flow on the belt is insane and unfortunately management can't/doesn't do anything about it.

enhanced-buzz-531-1296586956-17.jpg

All good though I'm used to it.

Rawrzxor

My son has entered into the dreaded "Dad's an idiot" phase. I can't wait until he enters the "Dad actually knows what he's talking about" phase.

I don't think there ever is a "Dad actually knows what he's talking about," phase. I'm 24, and I still think my dad is an idiot. Of course, maybe that's just because be really is an idiot. Although, I vary between being appreciative of what he's done for me and him ruining my life. As all parents do :censored2: up their kids. As Oscar Wilde put it, "All parents ruin their children, rarely, they forgive them."

Rawrzxor

Yesterday, a driver took off while I was halfway inside the truck. I fell and :censored2:ed my leg and wrist up a bit. This is the second time that driver pulled out while I was still in the back. The first time was a month ago, but no harm was done, since I was all the way in the truck: I just jumped out and back into the hub. That was funny. This time, less so. If it happens again, I'm done letting it go.

Not only that, but right after, the new truck came, and I got ass :censored2:ed. Boxes everywhere. I do two trailers, and they both got hit. Then, I got audited...

On top, I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before.

Don't even get me started on rush hour traffic, yesterday. I was an hour late.

All things considered, not the worst day I've had at UPS.

Rawrzxor

If you don't mind me asking, how did he ruin your life?

Many, many ways in which I don't care to be judged for mentioning. He wasn't necessarily a *bad* father. He took care of us. Always had a roof over my head, a warm bed, a full stomach, which is more than is can say for my mother's parents. But, it's impossible to not ruin a child in some way. Ultimately, he taught me nothing, or very little, of worth and didn't prepare me for the adult world--which, in my opinion, is the ultimate job of a parent. Among other things, the ones of which I care not to mention.

upsgrunt

Many, many ways in which I don't care to be judged for mentioning. He wasn't necessarily a *bad* father. He took care of us. Always had a roof over my head, a warm bed, a full stomach, which is more than is can say for my mother's parents. But, it's impossible to not ruin a child in some way. Ultimately, he taught me nothing, or very little, of worth and didn't prepare me for the adult world--which, in my opinion, is the ultimate job of a parent. Among other things, the ones of which I care not to mention.

Thank you- wasn't prying or intending to judge; just curious as my Dad was everything and more to me.