Tentative Agreement Overview Video

The only reason the raises look better is because they are not putting money into the retirement plans

It's all smoking letters it's a big freaking joke
I didn't realize how many regions were getting the shaft on the pension issue. When I saw the UPS-IBT increases, I thought we were all gonna be in good shape, I didn't think they took all of ours away to fund everything else.

Pullman Brown

I didn't realize how many regions were getting the shaft on the pension issue. When I saw the UPS-IBT increases, I thought we were all gonna be in good shape, I didn't think they took all of ours away to fund everything else.

I just got the contract update

I have argued from the beginning that the full-timers should get the biggest part of the pie and still believe that. The value of our labor is more than part-timers. It’s like an athletic contract. You give the best contract to the moneymakers! I’ll come in and load my own truck!

Appvol

9.5 language for cover drivers is going to be a problem. They will just move people around and play games so they can’t file or make it harder.
What changed on it. At my center if a cover driver worked 3 days over 9/5 even if they were on different routes for the week we could still file 9/5 grievances.

Ask a few other people off screen how they come up with these numbers

Moving money from the left pocket to the right pocket but actually the razors were getting right now or not much better than we got to last contract

They put more money on the front of the table but take the money on the back end of pension benefits and other things
You are by far the biggest idiot ever.

Pullman Brown

Lots of loopholes everywhere

See this is what I don’t understand. Rank and file are there and part of the negotiating. They no that if you give the company any wiggle room, grey areas, etc.. they are going to run with it. So shut the gate no open gates. I guess they just can’t win those battles.

Example: Six punch. Article 11 section 1v. Put language in there that says - all resolutions are acceptable except the forcing of any drivers in on their days off or any other language that would strike down or trump other language previously stated in contract or this article.

Appvol

Don’t think so. This is what it says unless it’s wrong. Looks like if you are in progression you might be screwed.

IMG_1776.jpeg

Pullman Brown

Couldn’t say. Looks like if you don’t have 4 years of driving you might not. At my center we have several cover drivers with 4 years of driving

In the current contract if you were eligible for just one of those three reasons you could file. But if you didn’t bid on a route and you didn’t have 4 years you were screwed. The whole language about being assigned is confusing and I don’t see how you prove that you were assigned to anything if you didn’t bid on something.

So basically if you have four years or less then bid on vacations. Again, all they had to do was add the word or two times and you have no problems understanding what qualifies for a 9.5 grievance.