Tentative Agreement Overview Video

Years ago there were no PT workers. I think it was in the late 70's?? that they converted over to part time workers. I started PT in 84 and we had two full time people left.
Early 60's from what I understand. And if UPS wanted to hire PT Union members they had to be paid the same as FT Union members. And FT Union dues.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Early 60's from what I understand. And if UPS wanted to hire PT Union members they had to be paid the same as FT Union members. And FT Union dues.

The earliest mention of PT workers (I have) is March 10, 1968.

They were called "student workers" and the contract only covered 4 Locals in my state.

Pay rates listed.... they started @ $ 3.01 an hour with no progression, and raises of .15 and .16 cents

the following years. Pkg was @ $3.81 and Feeders was @ $3.98 with the same yearly raises.

They were first called PT workers in 1973. I am missing the wage rates from that contract.

In 1976, Pkg drivers, Feeder divers, and PT had a 90 day progression. But.... pre-loaders

and sorters had an additional 9 month progression to reach top rate. PT still had a 90 day progression

and annual raises of .50 cents a year until 1979, for a grand total of $ 7.17 per hour.

-Bug-

The earliest mention of PT workers (I have) is March 10, 1968.

They were called "student workers" and the contract only covered 4 Locals in my state.

Pay rates listed.... they started @ $ 3.01 an hour with no progression, and raises of .15 and .16 cents

the following years. Pkg was @ $3.81 and Feeders was @ $3.98 with the same yearly raises.

They were first called PT workers in 1973. I am missing the wage rates from that contract.

In 1976, Pkg drivers, Feeder divers, and PT had a 90 day progression. But.... pre-loaders

and sorters had an additional 9 month progression to reach top rate. PT still had a 90 day progression

and annual raises of .50 cents a year until 1979, for a grand total of $ 7.17 per hour.

-Bug-
I remember the 90 day progression and since I worked preload I received another Dollar after gaining seniority. Never heard of an additional 9 months but that could be a local thing. Inflation calculator says $8.17/hr in 1979 is equal to $36.50 today. A long ways from $21/hr.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I remember the 90 day progression and since I worked preload I received another Dollar after gaining seniority. Never heard of an additional 9 months but that could be a local thing. Inflation calculator says $8.17/hr in 1979 is equal to $36.50 today. A long ways from $21/hr.
Part time jobs should not exist at a union shop.

People deserve the dignity of a real job.