Tentative new 5 year deal in place.

vantexan

Why are we caring about ups this is a Fedex discussion? Like I don't understand if you hate fedex so much go to ups. Let's keep on track and talk about fedex things such as raises, pension, vacation, 401k, health insurance, etc. Don't really care UPS.
No one says you have to read the thread.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you people aren't happy with 40/hr you need to try and find another job making that much with no education. Bunch of pansy whining ungrateful punks.

I used to tell crybabies like you who gave me crap about how much I made something like this--- "Hell--I can't live on $40 an hour-my wife spends $60 an hour".

rod

Retired 22 years
If you people aren't happy with 40/hr you need to try and find another job making that much with no education. Bunch of pansy whining ungrateful punks.

How do you expect a person to maintain their Harley? My local Harley shop gets $125 an hour for labor. $40 an hour is peanuts.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
How so? As long as I have been around the company hasn't mentioned the UPS pay scale when it comes to our pay or benefits.
Oh, take my word they're very well aware of it and they know better NOT to mention it. But your permanent FedEx rose colored glasses prevents you from seeing that and a lot of other things too. Bummer!

Oldfart

Oh, take my word they're very well aware of it and they know better NOT to mention it. But your permanent FedEx rose colored glasses prevents you from seeing that and a lot of other things too. Bummer!
Didn't say they weren't aware. I have never been told we were getting a raise because UPS got a raise. The UPS and Fedex business model couldn't be more different. The pay scale and benefit package is just as different. Then again, our working condition are just as different. Just ask any package car driver. They make more but I will take my job situation and works hours over theirs any day.

People like you and many others on here like OP and bacha could make UPS pay and you would still complain. It's all you know. Bummer

fatboy33

Whether or not the market will support $40 is a matter for UPS and the IBT to determine, no on else. If you think it's too much money then go to work for a Ground contractor. A $140-150 per diem no overtime, no benefits of any kind. Perhaps something like that would be more to your liking.
The market can supports CEOs making millions but that's it.

MAKAVELI

How so? As long as I have been around the company hasn't mentioned the UPS pay scale when it comes to our pay or benefits.
UPS is the very reason we have an actual wage progression. Our top pay market is close to UPS wages. I'd say FedEx looks at their pay scale quite often these days.