Tentative new 5 year deal in place.

bacha29

New 5 year deal announced this afternoon . If approved full time UPS drivers will earn $40 an hour in the final year.

bacha29

Big IF it is approved. They don’t sound very happy about it. I wouldn’t either if I was in their shoes.
The big dispute was over the so called "hybrid" driver. A guy who drove part of the time and had other non driving tasks. According to the information made public that person will jump immediately to the $22 range and then up to the $34 range in last year. Whether that will swing the vote toward approval is a wait and see matter.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The big dispute was over the so called "hybrid" driver. A guy who drove part of the time and had other non driving tasks. According to the information made public that person will jump immediately to the $22 range and then up to the $34 range in last year. Whether that will swing the vote toward approval is a wait and see matter.
The information made public is glossing over the issue.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
BA9E04BC-40AF-4496-90AF-8E1D75B05234.gif
If you people aren't happy with 40/hr you need to try and find another job making that much with no education. Bunch of pansy whining ungrateful punks.

bacha29

If you people aren't happy with 40/hr you need to try and find another job making that much with no education. Bunch of pansy whining ungrateful punks.
Whether or not the market will support $40 is a matter for UPS and the IBT to determine, no on else. If you think it's too much money then go to work for a Ground contractor. A $140-150 per diem no overtime, no benefits of any kind. Perhaps something like that would be more to your liking.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If voted down what issue or issues do you think will result in it's rejection?
I can only speak for me. I have 2 issues, one there is no catch up raise for current part timers. Second is am i going to be forced in if they cant fill their weekend shift

bacha29

I can only speak for me. I have 2 issues, one there is no catch up raise for current part timers. Second is am i going to be forced in if they cant fill their weekend shift
What I can gather from what has been made public, a hybrid driver will in the final year earn $ 34.79 . Heard nothing about the forced OT provision.

Csdsm18

Why are we caring about ups this is a Fedex discussion? Like I don't understand if you hate fedex so much go to ups. Let's keep on track and talk about fedex things such as raises, pension, vacation, 401k, health insurance, etc. Don't really care UPS.

bacha29

Why are we caring about ups this is a Fedex discussion? Like I don't understand if you hate fedex so much go to ups. Let's keep on track and talk about fedex things such as raises, pension, vacation, 401k, health insurance, etc. Don't really care UPS.
Probably foremost is the question of how will contractors square this deal with their drivers? Will they be able to keep anybody for any length of time who actually give a rat's expletive about their job overall job performance?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Because in the long run, it effects us too.