Terminated by FedEx

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My boyfriend worked for FedEx Express and was recently terminated. He was incarcerated (non-work matter) for 2 work days. The first day- his mother called FedEx and told them there was a family emergency and he would not be into work. The 2nd day- he called FedEx when he was released (after his shift), letting them know what happened. They suspended him with pay while they investigated. Two weeks later, they fired him for no call/no show. There was no way possible for him to call the 2nd day- FedEx does not accept Collect Calls. He is filling out a GFT Form. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? He also never received a employee handbook. Is this something that can be said in the GFT Letter? Thanks!
Umm no, because I make sure not to do anything for which I can get arrested.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My boyfriend worked for FedEx Express and was recently terminated. He was incarcerated (non-work matter) for 2 work days. The first day- his mother called FedEx and told them there was a family emergency and he would not be into work. The 2nd day- he called FedEx when he was released (after his shift), letting them know what happened. They suspended him with pay while they investigated. Two weeks later, they fired him for no call/no show. There was no way possible for him to call the 2nd day- FedEx does not accept Collect Calls. He is filling out a GFT Form. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? He also never received a employee handbook. Is this something that can be said in the GFT Letter? Thanks!
Why are you here asking these questions and not him? Is he that unconcerned about getting his job back?

bacha29

Could the reason be that a false statement was given regarding the reason for his absence? X doesn't take kindly these days to employees and Ground contractors for that matter who run afoul of the law. Furthermore if he can't stay out of trouble and he needs his girlfriend and his Mommy to run interference and fight his battles for him what kind of a future do you as his significant other have with him? Time to move on girl . You're a big girl now. You can take care of yourself .....and so can he.