Terminated for dishonesty....

tacken

Why would you stick your ass on the line for them? They would hang you in a split second or feed you to the wolves to keep there job!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What I find sad is almost all of our pkg car on roads never drove or drove for less than 5 years. How do you expect to get respect from a 20+ year veteran never doing the job.
There may be more long term drivers in management if drivers didn't instantly give guys the cold shoulder once they made the move. Instead, you get stuck with people like me.

Johney

There may be more long term drivers in management if drivers didn't instantly give guys the cold shoulder once they made the move. Instead, you get stuck with people like me.
I kinda hear what you're saying,but when one of our drivers goes into management then starts calling all his fellow drivers POS's for not doing it for him....well.

dudebro

Exactly. It's a convenient standard. Drive for less than a year and go to mgmt "You don't know the JOB!" Drive for more than a year and go to mgmt... "You scab traitor!"

noahgw92

Yeah I know this girl in management who I don't think drove at all. She was out delivering and told other management when it got dark that she couldn't do it because she didn't know where she was going. She dropped the route on this girl and I was sent out at 845 to take some stops and help finish the route... Pull out your flashlight it's not that hard.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I kinda hear what you're saying,but when one of our drivers goes into management then starts calling all his fellow drivers POS's for not doing it for him....well.
And I understand it in that case. But I don't think a guy should just get tagged instantly. When I went into management I had people that did a 180 on me overnight, because I was a Sup. I hadn't done anything but change how I punched in, but I was the enemy now.

Are things going to be different? Sure! There's no way around it. But I think encouraging good drivers to move into management should be celebrated by everyone's. It's a win-win.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah I know this girl in management who I don't think drove at all. She was out delivering and told other management when it got dark that she couldn't do it because she didn't know where she was going. She dropped the route on this girl and I was sent out at 845 to take some stops and help finish the route... Pull out your flashlight it's not that hard.
You got her number she sounds fun

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They were going to have me do pickup traces everyday and then local sort and call it good. I pushed back on that one

Johney

And I understand it in that case. But I don't think a guy should just get tagged instantly. When I went into management I had people that did a 180 on me overnight, because I was a Sup. I hadn't done anything but change how I punched in, but I was the enemy now.

Are things going to be different? Sure! There's no way around it. But I think encouraging good drivers to move into management should be celebrated by everyone's. It's a win-win.
Kinda what everyone thought..."hey Steve(not his real name)was a driver for a long time he knows how it really is" only to have him forget how quick as to where he came from is not going to get him anywhere. Only thing is he can and will train better, but then again they use driver trainers here so that's a bust.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Kinda what everyone thought..."hey Steve(not his real name)was a driver for a long time he knows how it really is" only to have him forget how quick as to where he came from is not going to get him anywhere. Only thing is he can and will train better, but then again they use driver trainers here so that's a bust.
You know UPS after all your years. It's one big game. Unfortunately the game we have to play sometimes really really sucks.