Terminated for dishonesty

Faceplanted

No message sent, And of course, that’s the drivers choice and your choice. None of us know if it will work out, so good luck with that. It will be a panel of strangers who decide.

Did it ever occur to you There might be a reason why some drivers work here 30 years and some drivers don’t?
Because they are cowards.

None of this :censored2: would fly in my local. We had a driver fired years ago for sitting at his pick up for nearly 2 hours.

A situation like being Done at 4, going to your 6 o clock pick up, starting to load up, then waiting for them to close at 6pm Fired for “stealing time”.

Got his job back with back pay.

Management dispatches in the am, management stares at the computer all day. That’s on them

Now if my supervisor grabs a stew in the morning and says “hey faceplanted your light today, send us a message when done, we have some stuff that needs to be covered” than I will follow the instructions

Remember, they treat us like idiots, act the part. Instruct me what to do and I do it.

Thebrownblob

None of this :censored2: would fly in my local. We had a driver fired years ago for sitting at his pick up for nearly 2 hours. Fired for “stealing time”. Got his job back with back pay.

Management dispatches in the am, management stares at the computer all day. That’s on them

Now if my supervisor grabs a stew and says “hey faceplanted your light today, send us a message when done, we have some stuff that needs to be covered” than I will follow the instructions

Remember, they treat us like idiots, act the part. Instruct me what to do and I do it.
None of what would fly at your local? Panel decisions? How would you get around that? We had a similar case a few years ago, and that individual lost at the panel as well. Good thing he wasn’t a coward, even though he doesn’t work here anymore.

Most of us agree we should not “have to” send a message in when we’re done with our deliveries if we’re waiting, or if we have not got our eight hour guarantee. Do we have to? That’s a different question.

Brown Down

I think it comes down to past practice. Here they tell you to message in if you want your 8 and are light. As for pickups I can see it going both ways. I won't make a pickup early but at the same time if I'm sitting more than 30 minutes I will send in a message to cover my ass.
As for listening to 30 year drivers I'd say they are the ones who have survived and know how to play the game.

Thebrownblob

I think it comes down to past practice. Here they tell you to message in if you want your 8 and are light. As for pickups I can see it going both ways. I won't make a pickup early but at the same time if I'm sitting more than 30 minutes I will send in a message to cover my ass.
As for listening to 30 year drivers I'd say they are the ones who have survived and know how to play the game.
That’s smart.

Thebrownblob

You know what is also past practice. Management is not allowed to alter time cards (pay code) without permission from the employee
I don’t know about past practice although management has been removed for doing so, but I can’t force them to discipline management.

That problem has been mostly eradicated here because anyone who gets done early gets their guarantee and moving forward gets told they need to make contact with the center if they want their guarantee if they’re done before their eight hours.

Although I don’t know for sure what argument is because like I said, I would tell people never get done before eight hours, makes it easy. Pretty good chance. If you’re following in the methods you’re gonna get your eight.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Isn't that common practice? When my ORS was riding with me my first three days he told me if I finish early to just find a comfortable place to sit and wait for pickups. Lol
Here as long as you are sitting AT YOUR PICK UP you are good.

We had an employee no longer with the firm who went to a fast food spot and sat around waiting on his pu on the clock. MURKED

Thebrownblob

We had an employee no longer with the firm who went to a fast food spot and sat around waiting on his pu on the clock. MURKED
Back in the days before GPS we could get away with a lot of that stuff. It’s a little more complicated now.

Nah

Well... I was also told not to be visible to the customer because they'll get pissed off if they see us there waiting for them.

Sixth Punch Sense

We have strict instructions on misloads. Scan the misload when you find it, if it's in your zip code you run it. If it is a reasonable distance on your trip back to the building you run it. If you intend not to run it , scan it as missed right after you send in the misload scan. If the office wants you to run it they will send a message and you do as instructed.

That said we got the same pcm on the 23rd. Zero missed

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Now if my supervisor grabs a stew in the morning and says “hey faceplanted your light today, send us a message when done, we have some stuff that needs to be covered” than I will follow the instructions
Your manager doesn't have to get a steward to give you a directive.

Just saying.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
I’m not running ANY MISLOAD , ANY DAY OF THE YEAR

ITS NOT IN MY SOLUTION , I HAVE STRICT TIME ALLOWANCES TO MEET..

IT GETS SHEETED MISSED BEFORE I EVEN SEND IT IN AS A MISLOAD
🧔‍♂️✊

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
We have strict instructions on misloads. Scan the misload when you find it, if it's in your zip code you run it. If it is a reasonable distance on your trip back to the building you run it. If you intend not to run it , scan it as missed right after you send in the misload scan. If the office wants you to run it they will send a message and you do as instructed.

That said we got the same pcm on the 23rd. Zero missed

Just saying.

What about NIB

Faceplanted

Just saying.
Correct, but there has been wishy washy verbal instructions given in my center in the past, so when we get verbal instructions it is preferred to have an other supervisor/stew present to verify if any issues come from these instructions.

Or they can just send a message.

twotwofour

Great news, instead of bagging packages, just sheet them missed back at the center! Avoid dishonesty terminations with this one weird trick! Supes hate him!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Bbb
I don’t know about past practice although management has been removed for doing so, but I can’t force them to discipline management.

That problem has been mostly eradicated here because anyone who gets done early gets their guarantee and moving forward gets told they need to make contact with the center if they want their guarantee if they’re done before their eight hours.

Although I don’t know for sure what argument is because like I said, I would tell people never get done before eight hours, makes it easy. Pretty good chance. If you’re following in the methods you’re gonna get your eight.
God bless Sean. And Carol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

None of this :censored2: would fly in my local. We had a driver fired years ago for sitting at his pick up for nearly 2 hours.

A situation like being Done at 4, going to your 6 o clock pick up, starting to load up, then waiting for them to close at 6pm Fired for “stealing time”.

Got his job back with back pay.

Two hours? Common sense has one using the phone or messaging the center to get instructions. They might say wait, often do, but let them decide. Who need headaches?

A straight 8 day for me is about 105 stops. When I get to work in the morning we have an understanding that they will give me not less than 8 hours of work and not more than 9.5. If I come in and there is 85 stops on my truck, it lasts 8 hours. Maybe a few customers get over-served that day, or I find out a little more about that hot soccer mom who spends her absentee husband's money on Amazon all day. It's not hard.