Terminated for dishonesty....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And I understand it in that case. But I don't think a guy should just get tagged instantly. When I went into management I had people that did a 180 on me overnight, because I was a Sup. I hadn't done anything but change how I punched in, but I was the enemy now.
I can relate to that on here.
I use to be a sort nice guy before I became a Moderator.
People just get an attitude ... on both sides.

Johney

I did try to take care of issues if they were something legitimate that employees needed help with.
It seemed most of the time, they just wanted to talk about things.
As a decent manager should. I worked for a few probably much like you and would go the extra mile for them as would most of us(there's always some who just sucked no matter what), then there were the one's who were not like you and who I wouldn't give the time of day to. Funny how the one's who gave at least a little bit and the center seemed to run like a well oiled machine. Then with the others and you'd swear it was a center of rookies.

vvv

Simply put.......that was a STUPID move!!

And if you are fortunate enough to get your job back don't be STUPID again!!!!

If they keep blasting you with too much work you give fair warning before you pull out of the building that you may have missed business deliveries due to dispatch......and after a few hours on road you again send the same message that it does in fact look like your earlier assessment will hold.....that you will miss stops.

Then it's on them and you finish your route in a smooth controlled manner.

Oh........and if I forgot to mention........don't be STUPID again!!!!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Simply put.......that was a STUPID move!!

And if you are fortunate enough to get your job back don't be STUPID again!!!!

If they keep blasting you with too much work you give fair warning before you pull out of the building that you may have missed business deliveries due to dispatch......and after a few hours on road you again send the same message that it does in fact look like your earlier assessment will hold.....that you will miss stops.

Then it's on them and you finish your route in a smooth controlled manner.

Oh........and if I forgot to mention........don't be STUPID again!!!!!!
damn man...little harsh on the lad??? you know these kids now days...they think with their penis...

Nike

Pretty stupid to fire over that it costs the company way to much to train someone to terminate over some petty bs

JL 0513

I have to say that it never crossed my mind to ever future a package that was going to be missed. That's just a function you don't really think of unless instructed to do so because of a known week long closure.

Probably the most common tactic was to sheet a late business as NI1 residential. As long as it was a ground it would float under the radar. I say past tense because the recent advancement in distinguishing business and resi stops now may place it on the radar in reports. Someone said the system automatically switches these late business stops to missed on reports if you do NI1 resi. If this is the case, you have problems if management checks the missed report and sees the incorrect recording assuming the records still show how you actually recorded it. It must. So those days are over. They don't like a missed recording, too bad. I had a 4 town split this week and didn't get to the last town until around 6:45. Guess what was mixed into what I thought was all residentials? A closed business. I was following Orion. How was I to know of dispatches stupidity. Missed.

Re-Raise

I tried to be fair to the employee and to UPS but I never sought respect except from those who decide my future.
I tried to let this go, but I couldn't do it.

This strikes me as one of the most telling differences between my union co-workers and management suck ups.

Management people quake with fear on every conference call and fall all over themselves trying to impress any visitors that may be higher up the food chain.

All the while they couldn't care less how they are perceived by anyone who wasn't able to advance their position with the company somehow.

What a sad, scared pathetic existence.

I have heard that the true test of a person's character is how a person treats people that they can't gain anything from.

You have stated pretty clearly how you feel about that.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I have to say that it never crossed my mind to ever future a package that was going to be missed. That's just a function you don't really think of unless instructed to do so because of a known week long closure.

Probably the most common tactic was to sheet a late business as NI1 residential. As long as it was a ground it would float under the radar. I say past tense because the recent advancement in distinguishing business and resi stops now may place it on the radar in reports. Someone said the system automatically switches these late business stops to missed on reports if you do NI1 resi. If this is the case, you have problems if management checks the missed report and sees the incorrect recording assuming the records still show how you actually recorded it. It must. So those days are over. They don't like a missed recording, too bad. I had a 4 town split this week and didn't get to the last town until around 6:45. Guess what was mixed into what I thought was all residentials? A closed business. I was following Orion. How was I to know of dispatches stupidity. Missed.
The sad thing is to Orion screen shows it as commercial and scheduled for delivery at 6:45.