Terminated for not grievancing working termination on time

Mrodz74

Worked for UPS for 21 years , 9 yrs part-time 11 yrs PKG driver , so I just felt like discussing my situation ,I was moving some stuff in my garage and I found this nice looking plaque presented to me and it says "As a symbol of sincere appreciation for loyal service for over 20 years" sign by district manager South California District ,
It got me thinking wtf happened, that was some BS what my union business agent did to me, when I got terminated I was going through something tough legal custody issue was very stressed full, I was on disability 6 months prior to my termination for same stressed related reason but I had to go back to work for insurance reason ....during that time I recalled having this supervisor on my ass always writing me up for all kinds of lil thinks , he wanted to get me he even mentioned it to one of the drivers who warn me about him , long story short, my working termination was for attendance but more for being late (and we can have a whole different discussion on being late to work and how some people are more responsible then other on a different forum) so when I got terminated the union business agent was there representing me he mentioned to me that I never file any grievance on my working termination , to tell u the Truth I know that year or month I did file lots of grievances for all the wright ups the supervisor had giving me , I couldn't argue that I did on my working termination cause I had no proofs so UPS then was able to terminate me .

My question is don't I have to serve my suspension before getting terminated cause I definitely file grievance on my suspension cuz I didn't get suspended so my suspension was still on grievance, anyways I definitely file grievance on termination the same day I got terminated I remember giving the paperwork to my shop steward same day I was getting walked out of the building, I recalled calling the Union business agent couple times to ask him what was going to happen and one of the times I was talking to him I told him that this was my first time that happens to me you know I know I pay my union dues and when I said I pay my union dues, that trigger him and pissed him off ,I remember him, try to lecture me about everybody pays union dues and this is this and that I told him look man I just want to know what's going to happen it's my first time, he's like you know what you want to go to arbitration we can go right now right now my boss is in front of me I can tell him right now that we want to go to arbitration but we're going to lose I'm telling you right now so it's better if we just wait until UPS messes up and we going there and we tell him look we will say everything but we got this driver here that wants his job back so it's kind of like a trading situation, anyways I waited I believe I call him like one two more times still same thing until finally one day I called my union business agent again and this time he tells me that we went to arbitration already , and I'm like when, where ? cause I thought we were waiting and he said that the same day I got terminated that was arbitration he basically just try to bull :censored2: me and straight out lie to me it was all bul:censored2: he was never tried to help me out and all this time I was I thought I was a brother Teamster brother well I decided to call the teamsters in Detroit and they told me that if this happen more than six months ago , and I told them yes and they where like where sorry we can't help u anymore , so yeah that :censored2: was BS what this so call "teamsters business agent" did any ways I hope my story can help other people to not believe or wait on someone else that supposed to be helping u out , it's better if u take matters for yourself and go talk to the wright people who are going to help you not screw you over

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
The day after I got fired I went to the union hall and talked to a BA in person to file my wrongful termination and tell him exactly how it went down.
I know your life was spiraling or whatever but you need to handle those kind of things in person when at all possible. If my union hall was open I would of been down there as soon as I was fired.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Worked for UPS for 21 years , 9 yrs part-time 11 yrs PKG driver , so I just felt like discussing my situation ,I was moving some stuff in my garage and I found this nice looking plaque presented to me and it says "As a symbol of sincere appreciation for loyal service for over 20 years" sign by district manager South California District ,
It got me thinking wtf happened, that was some BS what my union business agent did to me, when I got terminated I was going through something tough legal custody issue was very stressed full, I was on disability 6 months prior to my termination for same stressed related reason but I had to go back to work for insurance reason ....during that time I recalled having this supervisor on my ass always writing me up for all kinds of lil thinks , he wanted to get me he even mentioned it to one of the drivers who warn me about him , long story short, my working termination was for attendance but more for being late (and we can have a whole different discussion on being late to work and how some people are more responsible then other on a different forum) so when I got terminated the union business agent was there representing me he mentioned to me that I never file any grievance on my working termination , to tell u the Truth I know that year or month I did file lots of grievances for all the wright ups the supervisor had giving me , I couldn't argue that I did on my working termination cause I had no proofs so UPS then was able to terminate me .

My question is don't I have to serve my suspension before getting terminated cause I definitely file grievance on my suspension cuz I didn't get suspended so my suspension was still on grievance, anyways I definitely file grievance on termination the same day I got terminated I remember giving the paperwork to my shop steward same day I was getting walked out of the building, I recalled calling the Union business agent couple times to ask him what was going to happen and one of the times I was talking to him I told him that this was my first time that happens to me you know I know I pay my union dues and when I said I pay my union dues, that trigger him and pissed him off ,I remember him, try to lecture me about everybody pays union dues and this is this and that I told him look man I just want to know what's going to happen it's my first time, he's like you know what you want to go to arbitration we can go right now right now my boss is in front of me I can tell him right now that we want to go to arbitration but we're going to lose I'm telling you right now so it's better if we just wait until UPS messes up and we going there and we tell him look we will say everything but we got this driver here that wants his job back so it's kind of like a trading situation, anyways I waited I believe I call him like one two more times still same thing until finally one day I called my union business agent again and this time he tells me that we went to arbitration already , and I'm like when, where ? cause I thought we were waiting and he said that the same day I got terminated that was arbitration he basically just try to bull :censored2: me and straight out lie to me it was all bul:censored2: he was never tried to help me out and all this time I was I thought I was a brother Teamster brother well I decided to call the teamsters in Detroit and they told me that if this happen more than six months ago , and I told them yes and they where like where sorry we can't help u anymore , so yeah that :censored2: was BS what this so call "teamsters business agent" did any ways I hope my story can help other people to not believe or wait on someone else that supposed to be helping u out , it's better if u take matters for yourself and go talk to the wright people who are going to help you not screw you over
Try to get a hold of your BA for your center and see if there's anything he/she can do to get your job back. If you get lucky. Show up early before start time and keep your nose clean for four more years until you're at least locked in at 25-years.

Sounds like some had a hard-on to terminate or not protect you. Could be wrong. This pandemic has California back logged. I can't say I wouldn't be late sometimes too in that Southern California traffic.

Talk to 542 here. Maybe he has answers. If you're a pretty decent dude. Maybe they'll give you one last chance. Company is loaded with stern, gritty tough guys but very few get aroused over seeing a 21-year employee cut loose.

You know your history. If it was ticky-tack write-ups like you claim. Perhaps someone can help you.

Maybe the disability issue is something but it's been my experience they care way more about someone that's busted two mirrors and scratched the truck in their career over someone who is off work continually off on a loss time injury or disability. We've had employees go 5,10,15,25-years without an injury or sickness and nothing mentioned.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.

You want back in? 20 years to life wasn't enough?!?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Wayment..... you expect us to believe that you have been here 20 years and you aren't smart enough to file on every bit of Discipline? lol if you are that dumb you DESERVE to be fired. We ALL have personal problems,that doesn't cut it as an excuse not to file

Mrodz74

You want back in? 20 years to life wasn't enough?!?
If u put it that way, I want to go back in and finish my full sentence and when I get out I'll have more money cause out here I'm nothing inside I was El mero mero ....lol ..u Know what I mean the money is not the same and u see thinks differently from the outside yeah the non stress with always dealing with management that is something I love but that pay check is what counts specially i probably needed like a year or 2 to go feeder

Poop Head

Judge me.

Kick his ass and bang his wife

542thruNthru

Worked for UPS for 21 years , 9 yrs part-time 11 yrs PKG driver
How long ago were you discharged?

It got me thinking wtf happened, that was some BS what my union business agent did to me

Easier to blame your BA than take responsibility for your own actions?

long story short, my working termination was for attendance but more for being late (and we can have a whole different discussion on being late to work and how some people are more responsible then other on a different forum)

Um.. no we should have that talk now since you're blaming others for you not being able to get to work on time. I mean seriously in the socal area that's a verbal, warning letter, 1day, 3day, 5day and then termination.

I got terminated the union business agent was there representing me he mentioned to me that I never file any grievance on my working termination , to tell u the Truth I know that year or month I did file lots of grievances for all the wright ups the supervisor had giving me , I couldn't argue that I did on my working termination cause I had no proofs so UPS then was able to terminate me .

So you didn't keep your copy of your grievance? I highly doubt the company and the union both agreed to lose your termination grievance and take the chance you had a copy but ok...

The rest of this is BS.. no local is going to arbitration for attendance issues.

Also what "teamsters in Detroit" you're SoCal why would you call Detroit or why wouldn't you file a NLRB or DOL charge? This is all made up. You're either trolling or changing your story to make it look like you were screwed.

Mrodz74

Wayment..... you expect us to believe that you have been here 20 years and you aren't smart enough to file on every bit of Discipline? lol if you are that dumb you DESERVE to be fired. We ALL have personal problems,that doesn't cut it as an excuse not to file
Lol , so how do u think I was able to be there 21 yrs , u think it was all good no drama?? Fk no u know how it works,but like I said during that year I was going thru some drama with my ex going to court for my daughter so yeah I'm stupid I should had pay more attention but I fk up but like I said dad I think we can have a discipline time out conversation on a different forum...I'll say it right now yeah I fk up but for 20 yrs I never did just that one yr but that's all it took