Terminated for not grievancing working termination on time

Maybe the disability issue is something but it's been my experience they care way more about someone that's busted two mirrors and scratched the truck in their career over someone who is off work continually off on a loss time injury or disability. We've had employees go 5,10,15,25-years without an injury or sickness and nothing mentioned.

what does this mean?

Lucky13

Worked for UPS for 21 years , 9 yrs part-time 11 yrs PKG driver , so I just felt like discussing my situation ,I was moving some stuff in my garage and I found this nice looking plaque presented to me and it says "As a symbol of sincere appreciation for loyal service for over 20 years" sign by district manager South California District ,
It got me thinking wtf happened, that was some BS what my union business agent did to me, when I got terminated I was going through something tough legal custody issue was very stressed full, I was on disability 6 months prior to my termination for same stressed related reason but I had to go back to work for insurance reason ....during that time I recalled having this supervisor on my ass always writing me up for all kinds of lil thinks , he wanted to get me he even mentioned it to one of the drivers who warn me about him , long story short, my working termination was for attendance but more for being late (and we can have a whole different discussion on being late to work and how some people are more responsible then other on a different forum) so when I got terminated the union business agent was there representing me he mentioned to me that I never file any grievance on my working termination , to tell u the Truth I know that year or month I did file lots of grievances for all the wright ups the supervisor had giving me , I couldn't argue that I did on my working termination cause I had no proofs so UPS then was able to terminate me .

My question is don't I have to serve my suspension before getting terminated cause I definitely file grievance on my suspension cuz I didn't get suspended so my suspension was still on grievance, anyways I definitely file grievance on termination the same day I got terminated I remember giving the paperwork to my shop steward same day I was getting walked out of the building, I recalled calling the Union business agent couple times to ask him what was going to happen and one of the times I was talking to him I told him that this was my first time that happens to me you know I know I pay my union dues and when I said I pay my union dues, that trigger him and pissed him off ,I remember him, try to lecture me about everybody pays union dues and this is this and that I told him look man I just want to know what's going to happen it's my first time, he's like you know what you want to go to arbitration we can go right now right now my boss is in front of me I can tell him right now that we want to go to arbitration but we're going to lose I'm telling you right now so it's better if we just wait until UPS messes up and we going there and we tell him look we will say everything but we got this driver here that wants his job back so it's kind of like a trading situation, anyways I waited I believe I call him like one two more times still same thing until finally one day I called my union business agent again and this time he tells me that we went to arbitration already , and I'm like when, where ? cause I thought we were waiting and he said that the same day I got terminated that was arbitration he basically just try to bull :censored2: me and straight out lie to me it was all bul:censored2: he was never tried to help me out and all this time I was I thought I was a brother Teamster brother well I decided to call the teamsters in Detroit and they told me that if this happen more than six months ago , and I told them yes and they where like where sorry we can't help u anymore , so yeah that :censored2: was BS what this so call "teamsters business agent" did any ways I hope my story can help other people to not believe or wait on someone else that supposed to be helping u out , it's better if u take matters for yourself and go talk to the wright people who are going to help you not screw you over
Look the union is corrupt as hell they probably were part of them trying to terminate you...Paperwork/supporting proof there is no room for error.I currently have the union lying saying I never filed any grievances and check your attendance they will change it to their narrative that works for them...I just got any attorney it's time to stand up for what's right...TIME CARD MANIPULATION EXTREME PROBLEM

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
well-bye.gif

Returntosender

Worked for UPS for 21 years , 9 yrs part-time 11 yrs PKG driver , so I just felt like discussing my situation ,I was moving some stuff in my garage and I found this nice looking plaque presented to me and it says "As a symbol of sincere appreciation for loyal service for over 20 years" sign by district manager South California District ,
It got me thinking wtf happened, that was some BS what my union business agent did to me, when I got terminated I was going through something tough legal custody issue was very stressed full, I was on disability 6 months prior to my termination for same stressed related reason but I had to go back to work for insurance reason ....during that time I recalled having this supervisor on my ass always writing me up for all kinds of lil thinks , he wanted to get me he even mentioned it to one of the drivers who warn me about him , long story short, my working termination was for attendance but more for being late (and we can have a whole different discussion on being late to work and how some people are more responsible then other on a different forum) so when I got terminated the union business agent was there representing me he mentioned to me that I never file any grievance on my working termination , to tell u the Truth I know that year or month I did file lots of grievances for all the wright ups the supervisor had giving me , I couldn't argue that I did on my working termination cause I had no proofs so UPS then was able to terminate me .

My question is don't I have to serve my suspension before getting terminated cause I definitely file grievance on my suspension cuz I didn't get suspended so my suspension was still on grievance, anyways I definitely file grievance on termination the same day I got terminated I remember giving the paperwork to my shop steward same day I was getting walked out of the building, I recalled calling the Union business agent couple times to ask him what was going to happen and one of the times I was talking to him I told him that this was my first time that happens to me you know I know I pay my union dues and when I said I pay my union dues, that trigger him and pissed him off ,I remember him, try to lecture me about everybody pays union dues and this is this and that I told him look man I just want to know what's going to happen it's my first time, he's like you know what you want to go to arbitration we can go right now right now my boss is in front of me I can tell him right now that we want to go to arbitration but we're going to lose I'm telling you right now so it's better if we just wait until UPS messes up and we going there and we tell him look we will say everything but we got this driver here that wants his job back so it's kind of like a trading situation, anyways I waited I believe I call him like one two more times still same thing until finally one day I called my union business agent again and this time he tells me that we went to arbitration already , and I'm like when, where ? cause I thought we were waiting and he said that the same day I got terminated that was arbitration he basically just try to bull :censored2: me and straight out lie to me it was all bul:censored2: he was never tried to help me out and all this time I was I thought I was a brother Teamster brother well I decided to call the teamsters in Detroit and they told me that if this happen more than six months ago , and I told them yes and they where like where sorry we can't help u anymore , so yeah that :censored2: was BS what this so call "teamsters business agent" did any ways I hope my story can help other people to not believe or wait on someone else that supposed to be helping u out , it's better if u take matters for yourself and go talk to the wright people who are going to help you not screw you over
It’s ok when the civil war happens you can get your meeting

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The guys not wrong, my union rep is a lazy pos and you have to beg her to file grievances on your behalf for any problem
Get a pad of grievances fill it out yourself if she won’t sign it go up the ladder B.A. next
then local Pres. I bet it won’t take but once or twice and she will be more helpful in the grievance process

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Get a pad of grievances fill it out yourself if she won’t sign it go up the ladder B.A. next
then local Pres. I bet it won’t take but once or twice and she will be more helpful in the grievance process
I have, that why I said she isn't any good

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Look the union is corrupt as hell they probably were part of them trying to terminate you...Paperwork/supporting proof there is no room for error.I currently have the union lying saying I never filed any grievances and check your attendance they will change it to their narrative that works for them...I just got any attorney it's time to stand up for what's right...TIME CARD MANIPULATION EXTREME PROBLEM
How is it you dig up this 2 year old thread?

@burrheadd