Terminated

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
this thread is over a year old

I’am gonna say it has been rectified
Wow, she really is a close friend?

images

Really I need some serious advice as to what you guys think would Discipline action if any. if it does get back to the center. Maybe no one will notice or maybe I'll be spared since it is peak season
It was not during lunch time or break time and not on my route and the time spent was anywhere from 10 to 20 min at a time. A couple of times a week. Just trying to give all the information so I can get some good advice and be prepared if necessary.
Really!!!!!!! I find it hard to believe you're really a driver. After all the responses and your still not sure if this is allowed????? Do you know what a stop sign looks like?

take your time

Really I need some serious advice as to what you guys think would Discipline action if any. if it does get back to the center. Maybe no one will notice or maybe I'll be spared since it is peak season
It was not during lunch time or break time and not on my route and the time spent was anywhere from 10 to 20 min at a time. A couple of times a week. Just trying to give all the information so I can get some good advice and be prepared if necessary.

Why didn't you do it during your lunch........

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Sure, feel free to take our truck any where you feel like it.

Make sure you are back by the time the air trailer leaves, no worries.

Is it getting any clearer now?
Always the same with some managers. Case in point...

Center manager fires a driver for going off route.

Driver tells center manager that he forgot his wallet at home and had permission from his on-road to stop by and get it.

At the center level hearing, business agent calls on-road into the office. When asked if she knows anything about the situation she replies that said driver told her he had forgotten his wallet and she instructed him to stop by his residence prior to his first stop to get it.

Driver was immediately reinstated.

2 years later the Center Manager was finally fired for dishonesty.

ManInBrown

It could depend on the past and current practice of your local.
For example, in our local, we can travel 'Up To' 1 mile off area / off route during our personal time (both paid and unpaid) WITHOUT notifying the center.
Anything further than a mile off area needs "approval" from center management.
Same here. One mile. My center manager in package used to go ballistic because I would save two stops by where I would eat lunch. I would do one right before lunch, and one right after. And the lunch place was right on the border of my route but since I was a 9.5 driver and was paid tons of free money every month he always tried to make it an issue telling me I’m “manipulating” my day by saving those two stops. You cant do that. Had a good laugh about it every time he made it an issue. :censored2:

Rack em

Made the Podium
Same here. One mile. My center manager in package used to go ballistic because I would save two stops by where I would eat lunch. I would do one right before lunch, and one right after. And the lunch place was right on the border of my route but since I was a 9.5 driver and was paid tons of free money every month he always tried to make it an issue telling me I’m “manipulating” my day by saving those two stops. You cant do that. Had a good laugh about it every time he made it an issue. :censored2:
"Orion had those 2 stops set up like that."