Termination Help

browner89

I really wonder what the purpose of making up stories on these forums is? It's not like your management is reading like "Oh ...so THATS what happened, heres your job back!"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
OP....

2 things, kind of jump out at me.

I have a friend who was terminated today for failure to report an accident. The problem is when they came back from their route during their walk around they noticed some paint chip so they wrote it up.

Before he wrote it up, did he inform management ?

Or, did he just write it up and go home ?

He had an accident not to long ago.

This is a common situation.

The driver has an active warning letter (or recent discipline) and something else happens.

Some drivers panic, and try to cover it up.

As in this case (right ?) something happens they are not aware of.

What ever the case may be.... It's to late, to change their story.

So the moral of the story is;

It's always easier, for the Union to negotiate in situations of honesty.

Good luck to your friend.

-Bug-

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Either we're not getting the whole story or management had a hard-on for him. I come in to new scrapes and scratches daily on my truck from car wash guys, preload people moving my truck and neighboring drivers and no one cares.

about ten years ago as a dispatch feeder driver I noticed at the end of the day that on the side of the tractor cab there was a area where the paint was cracking. This wasn't there when I pre-trip the tractor and I know that the feeder driver who is assigned to this tractor would also take notice. I walked into the feeder manager office and asked him to come out and look at the issue. He took pictures of the tractor(the area of this cracked paint was maybe 3inch x 3inch). He thanked me for my honesty and said not to worry about it. A week later I get a call from a sup asking if I am coming to a 4 hour safety class or they are going to charge me with an accident. I said no way would I give up my Sat for this. They charged me with this , I didn't fight this because I was fairly new to this building in feeder and didn't want to cause waves. So much for honesty and how they repaired this so called accident was having the mechanic touch up the area with paint

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He took pictures of the tractor(the area of this cracked paint was maybe 3inch x 3inch). He thanked me for my honesty and said not to worry about it. A week later I get a call from a sup asking if I am coming to a 4 hour safety class or they are going to charge me with an accident. I said no way would I give up my Sat for this. They charged me with this , I didn't fight this because I was fairly new to this building in feeder and didn't want to cause waves.

They were trying to "punk" you.

And, because you didn't protest it.... they got what they wanted.

-Bug-