Termination Policy

B

browne

What is the total process of termination with the UNION benifits.... My friend/T Sup stated that he was gonna handle the problem with my missload,, possiblly termination. ,, whats us with that,, what can happen,, because he audited my 4 trucks today and found packages that werent marked through the spa lable and he was intimidating me about that ,, so someone that KNOWS and is smart up on this please reply.....

IDoLessWorkThanMost

What is the total process of termination with the UNION benifits.... My friend/T Sup stated that he was gonna handle the problem with my missload,, possiblly termination. ,, whats us with that,, what can happen,, because he audited my 4 trucks today and found packages that werent marked through the spa lable and he was intimidating me about that ,, so someone that KNOWS and is smart up on this please reply.....

Just "sir, yes sir" smiling and pleasant in the office and tell them you're working to the best of your ability.

Don't be intimidated. Do the best you can, you'll get the hang of it. You shouldn't be reprimanded unless you have a union representative present.

i've learned over the years working here you can't let them bully you, if you let them walk all over you once they will do it every time. stand up for yourself, and don't let them treat you like a pos. if they write you up file greivance on anything little thing you see them do that breach's contract.:biting: lol. sorry for the rant.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

i've learned over the years working here you can't let them bully you, if you let them walk all over you once they will do it every time. stand up for yourself, and don't let them treat you like a pos. if they write you up file greivance on anything little thing you see them do that breach's contract.:biting: lol. sorry for the rant.

Yeah, you probably have more years than I....just saying it's usually best to smile and be pleasant. Don't get razzled. Play the game and use your words carefully. Remember the ball's in your court.

Fnix

If you dont improve all they do is send you to Unload, Sort Aisle, where you will be doing an easier job with no responsibilities.

I don't see how they would fire you for a missload. If that's the case then most every employee would have been fired by now. The key is to admit your mistake and move on. Don't be so quick to go the grievance route, try to resolve it with your boss first. Too many people throw grievances around when it's just not necessary. Now if the problem becomes unresolvable or the harassment continues that's when you should get the union involved. The only rare instance were you should be worried is if you haven't made seniority yet.

helenofcalifornia

Yeah, the worst they are going to do is send you to unload or sort aisle (where you can do some real damage if you are pissed off!). They may write you up, but just keep telling them you are doing the best you can. Don't let 'em rattle you.

yes if they are willing to reason with you then good. but if you have a hot headed boss like mine that yells, screams, cusses like a sailor, kicks doors, throws notebooks, then stand your ground. i can't count the times i could have grieved dignity and respect. but then again she never writes anyone up either. but she has been coming real close to stepping over the line here lately. the more time you have with this company helps out alot too.

UPSGUY72

Don't worry about it but if he starts yelling at you ignore him that will really piss him off and they can't do anything about it. Just keep working as long as you don't get into a pissing contest with him they can't do anything to you. The unload area is a good place to work at anyways maybe they'll move you there.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I agree with IDOLESS, we are all human and do make mistakes. Work to the best of your ability, tell the truth and stand tall........