Terminations in 804 begin: 20 drivers fired Monday

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What power do you really think hoffa has. He has been a tool of ups since day one. But at least he could do something that he is capable of: make a tough sounding statement in front a bunch of Teamsters showing his solidarity with the fired members.
I thought Local 804 did not need the IBT?

undies

This is a good question! Because if you started after 1995? He was gone from local 804! Even members that started earlier didn't know him! Only knew of him! Tim wants to be Ron! Or as close as he can be to becoming Ron! Only the guys with 30-40 years know how it use to be! Those days are long gone

Will reformers be a group to give up our right to strike in 804.

Sooo...this guy is some legend from local 804...and all the old timers have idolized him and seem to be stuck in the past as to how great it all used to be? WOW.

Get with the times people, UPS is not the same company it was 20 years ago, let alone 2 years ago! I started in 2001 and since then I've seen the company change for the worse. We can all sit around and tell stories about how great we had it, but we need to realize the differences and adapt or DIE.

10 point

Sooo...this guy is some legend from local 804...and all the old timers have idolized him and seem to be stuck in the past as to how great it all used to be? WOW.

Get with the times people, UPS is not the same company it was 20 years ago, let alone 2 years ago! I started in 2001 and since then I've seen the company change for the worse. We can all sit around and tell stories about how great we had it, but we need to realize the differences and adapt or DIE.
You meant to say "Fight or die"?

undies

You meant to say "Fight or die"?

LOL. That works too. We still need to adapt to the changes that are taking place within UPS and the way the general public views unions. We hardly have as much support as we did back in the 90's when you all went on strike.

I'm all for putting up a fight, but you can't just rush in doing the same thing and expecting the same results you got years ago.

10 point

LOL. That works too. We still need to adapt to the changes that are taking place within UPS and the way the general public views unions. We hardly have as much support as we did back in the 90's when you all went on strike.

I'm all for putting up a fight, but you can't just rush in doing the same thing and expecting the same results you got years ago.
Actually, I'm not so sure about that. Look what's going on in NYC with the public and its just beginning.

We have a heck of a lot more people working in temp jobs today.
The corporations are viewed with great disbelief and distrust because of what the banks did to people in the last ten years and the government is publicly exposing their corruption. The corporate corruption list goes on and on including the stolen pensions.

(I will say our union is probably the only one I know of that is tracked by the US government because of corruption.)

People are SICK of part time jobs and that is the mantra of 1997.

Don't be fooled, the general public loves their UPS people and an attack on us is like an attack on a family member to them. The company never factors that in because they don't like to acknowledge it but it will always be a detriment to their cause.

Last edited:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Is this an international issue? How do you know it's not being addressed?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

Despite this being a national story, IBT has been absolutely silent on the matter. Nothing on any of their social media platforms or even a link on the IBT-staffed news feeds. This tells me all I need to know about IBT's stance.

UPSGUY72

Despite this being a national story, IBT has been absolutely silent on the matter. Nothing on any of their social media platforms or even a link on the IBT-staffed news feeds. This tells me all I need to know about IBT's stance.

The IBT knows that the people that walked out didn't follow the contract and it was a illegal work stoppage. They are not going to do or say anything publicly because if they do they would look like total a-holes in the end.

Jungle boy dee

The IBT knows that the people that walked out didn't follow the contract and it was a illegal work stoppage. They are not going to do or say anything publicly because if they do they would look like total a-holes in the end.
Ibt is in talks with ups hall got in contact with Tim S 804 president today

UPSGUY72

Ibt is in talks with ups hall got in contact with Tim S 804 president today

Must be trying a backdoor deal...... Don't look for that to pan out to well UPS hold all the cards...

Backdoor because the front door (open to the media isn't a good public relations option for the IBT )