The 9.5 contract thread

RangerMan06

So what did the Co-chairs of your supplemental panel say?

I had a conference call a few weeks ago with local management, labor manager, shop steward, and one other member of the union(someone on the state level but not sure his exact position)

Basically UPS stance is they don't have enough trucks or drivers(even though we have layoffs everyday) but they would try to lighten my dispatch when possible but no guarantees and no additional routes are going to be ran. So basically nothing is going to change except my paycheck lol.

Since this meeting I've been followed by local and district management more. Got wrote up for not folding my mirror in lmao. I usually run scratch or a little bonus but have really slowed down in this heat. Running about 1 hour over or more everyday now and that has really pissed them off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So no additional penalty pay until you violate 4x in a calendar year. Then you have to meet with the labor manager who can hold off any meeting for 45 days. Then if they agree, you could possibly get 4x penalty. Hard No for me

Why would the committee accept that kind of
Language if you violate you get paid it could be so simple

MangoMango

The 9.5 language should have been cleared up. Everyone knows its vague about the other 2 days. My BA said over 10 hours on the other 2 days would be considered "excessive" but that is an interpretation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Great contract
Great if one considers excessive overtime to be a problem?

Overtime is the nature of the beast, but the grievance procedure is problematic at best. Anything over 9.5 should be automatic 2x time.

This issue was obviously a low priority for Tough Guy Sean.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I joke the routes are getting dispatched by AI they have gotten so bad, not even on a level of "this is overdispatched" but appearing as if they were purposefully designed to waste our time effort and miles for no reason.

undies

My only issue with this contract was excessive overtime and no teeth behind the grievance procedure…this contract does not fix the problem at all! That being said…probably still gonna vote yes. Overtime is always going to be a struggle with this job, just gotta make the best of it and get paid when you can.

Wally

You have to remember- Dave went in early every day to groom is load on his own time. Helped dispatch to get his load the way he needed it. Ran like a scared cat all day to get done early. Don't be a Dave. Lol.
Actually footage of him on route!
2718648WDFJXZ1j.gif

251522386CE4KRKF.gif

Last edited:

Wally

You have to remember- Dave went in early every day to groom is load on his own time. Helped dispatch to get his load the way he needed it. Ran like a scared cat all day to get done early. Don't be a Dave. Lol.
Highly trained service dog he mowed over. This was right after after his full 5 minute lunch. The dog's puppies didn't survive...

p8XvrvC1Covh.gif

Sixth Punch Sense

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

This is BS language, So I have a route but not 4 years seniority as an rpcd. In year 3 of progression, rpcd for 18 months. If I'm reading this right a new driver will have protection as long as he signs a vacation bid. But I won't for another 2 and half years.

Guess I'm voting no