The Absurdity Continues

MaineGroundDriver

GD guys I know are young, married and live with either their parents or the wife's parents.

Hmm .. let's see .. nope, have my own house, mortgage etc .. am not in debt .. have 2 kids, as does my gf .. and guess what, not only am I able to pay bills, I also just got back from a 10 day vacation in Vegas .. imagine .. a lowly Ground driver with enough money to go to Vegas and STILL make his mortgage!? Wow!

Bad Gas!

Hmm .. let's see .. nope, have my own house, mortgage etc .. am not in debt .. have 2 kids, as does my gf .. and guess what, not only am I able to pay bills, I also just got back from a 10 day vacation in Vegas .. imagine .. a lowly Ground driver with enough money to go to Vegas and STILL make his mortgage!? Wow!

Mortgage is debt..

Dont let Fred know that you make enough to eat! You are taking caviar out of his doggies dish! Poor Fido might have to go back to eating steak, because you make way too much

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Did you buy your house before you were a Ground driver? I can't see anyone affording a home (except maybe a TuffShed or mobile home) on what a Ground driver makes.

vantexan

Do you suggest that all debt is bad debt?

Do you know what I love? You contractors talking about how you'll sell your rts eventually for much more than you paid for them. You might, but it all hinges on one thing. The ones that buy your rts for much more than you paid are expecting that FedEx will continue to increase the amount paid to the contractor. That's what will make their rts more valuable in the future. Only thing is FedEx is super stingy, they don't like to share. So the value of the rts won't keep going up and at some point someone will be left holding the bag. And it won't be FedEx.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you know what I love? You contractors talking about how you'll sell your rts eventually for much more than you paid for them. You might, but it all hinges on one thing. The ones that buy your rts for much more than you paid are expecting that FedEx will continue to increase the amount paid to the contractor. That's what will make their rts more valuable in the future. Only thing is FedEx is super stingy, they don't like to share. So the value of the rts won't keep going up and at some point someone will be left holding the bag. And it won't be FedEx.
I can show year after year after year when weekly settlements continued to increase in size over the previous year. So somebody like you can be skeptical, but I have the numbers to show otherwise.

STFXG

It doesn't matter if fedex decides to pay us more or not... Our profits are based on GROWTH. So as long as ground is growing our bank accounts will follow the same trend.

bbsam

Staff member
It doesn't matter if fedex decides to pay us more or not... Our profits are based on GROWTH. So as long as ground is growing our bank accounts will follow the same trend.
Perhaps. But I also have a four year agreement that has increases in several different categories each year. So in essence, they have agreed to pay me more.

bbsam

Staff member
And its contractors don't like to share with their drivers. So I guess Express and ground have that in common.

Why would you care? You and others here always want to talk about how crappy ground drivers are. And now you want me to pay them more? What's wrong with you?

MAKAVELI

And its contractors don't like to share with their drivers. So I guess Express and ground have that in common.

Why would you care? You and others here always want to talk about how crappy ground drivers are. And now you want me to pay them more? What's wrong with you?

Why do you care about us organizing? Don't say you don't because you wouldn't spend so much time on here if you didn't. The fact is what one opco does affects the other.

bbsam

Staff member
Why do you care about us organizing? Don't say you don't because you wouldn't spend so much time on here if you didn't. The fact is what one opco does affects the other.
Stick around. Of my over 11000 posts, I doubt that even 500 have anything to do with organizing.

bbsam

Staff member
I can't help that I know so much about so many things!:wink2:
And to use such a reference, I'm guessing you could sing your way all the way through "Grease" as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that.