The Absurdity Continues

texan

You can buy a decent home, fairly inexpensively in Maine.
If one does not mind two seasons, (extreme beauty though) August and winter.
020913_NY20Snow20Saturday1_zps107b3526.jpg

MAKAVELI

I can't help that I know so much about so many things!:wink2:
And to use such a reference, I'm guessing you could sing your way all the way through "Grease" as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Na, I don't like musicals. You seem to be more of the "Grease" type. And that would explain a lot.

bbsam

Staff member
However, I have yet to see "The Book of Mormon" and I believe that will soon be top of the list for me.

bbsam

Staff member
And if you've never heard of it, you're and uncultured puke and should just move to Canada now or to hell and become Satan's new lover in place of Sadam.

texan

And if you've never heard of it, you're and uncultured puke and should just move to Canada now or to hell and become Satan's new lover in place of Sadam.

I do not like to be like others that post here often or with any contributions that I think help.

It is ruff here. I will go back upstairs.
whew...

No slight of the FDX people I like and appreciate.

When one looks at the threads, yours is at the lower portion.

NO reflection to all of you.

I just thought I would comment on Maine.
Man ruff stuff down here. :sad-little:

pug_zps7741fc99.gif

bbsam

Staff member

I do not like to be like others that post here often or with any contributions that I think help.

It is ruff here. I will go back upstairs.
whew...

No slight of the FDX people I like and appreciate.

When one looks at the threads, yours is at the lower portion.

NO reflection to all of you.

I just thought I would comment on Maine.
Man ruff stuff down here. :sad-little:

pug_zps7741fc99.gif
Oh, texan. There was so much hope for you! There was nothing rough at all about that. "The Book of Mormon" is a play that hit Broadway as hard as Sandy did New Jersey. The creators ran away with every possible award. It is filthy, crude, hilarious, artistic, and wonderful all at the same time (according to critics). It is also the creation of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of "South Park". The Canada and Satan references come directly from their long running animated series. My comments are in that playful spirit only.

texan

Oh, texan. There was so much hope for you! There was nothing rough at all about that. "The Book of Mormon" is a play that hit Broadway as hard as Sandy did New Jersey. The creators ran away with every possible award. It is filthy, crude, hilarious, artistic, and wonderful all at the same time (according to critics). It is also the creation of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of "South Park". The Canada and Satan references come directly from their long running animated series. My comments are in that playful spirit only.
All is well sir.

Back to Photo of the Day and my safe little world I built for myself, even though it is under siege from
the State of New York for some reason.

STFXG

I can't help that I know so much about so many things!:wink2:
And to use such a reference, I'm guessing you could sing your way all the way through "Grease" as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Haha you got me! Maybe that's the reason when I saw "Hair" I kept hoping one of the guys would jump in front of me and do the helicopter...

vantexan

I can show year after year after year when weekly settlements continued to increase in size over the previous year. So somebody like you can be skeptical, but I have the numbers to show otherwise.

Because you are in a high growth environment. Wait until the growth slows. Anyone who paid you or the next guy many times what he originally paid will get burned at some point. There was this guy that sold alot of very wealthy people on the idea that his fund would go up and up and up. Bernie Madoff. Eventually the bubble bursts, as it always does. At some point someone will have to run those rts he bought for a long time just to recoup his investment. What makes you think this investment will turn out different from all others? Sell out before the bubble bursts or get burned.

bbsam

Staff member
Because you are in a high growth environment. Wait until the growth slows. Anyone who paid you or the next guy many times what he originally paid will get burned at some point. There was this guy that sold alot of very wealthy people on the idea that his fund would go up and up and up. Bernie Madoff. Eventually the bubble bursts, as it always does. At some point someone will have to run those rts he bought for a long time just to recoup his investment. What makes you think this investment will turn out different from all others? Sell out before the bubble bursts or get burned.

All very possible. Possible that the business will get passed onto the next generation and not sold at all. I could easily see myself retiring in 15 years and selling the business off in pieces or maybe selling off half. I think the model is around for a while though. Received emails recently with lenders offering loans to purchase routes. Never used to see that. Used to have to walk the bankers through the whole setup and explain the long term viability. Seems they have been convinced over time.

vantexan

All very possible. Possible that the business will get passed onto the next generation and not sold at all. I could easily see myself retiring in 15 years and selling the business off in pieces or maybe selling off half. I think the model is around for a while though. Received emails recently with lenders offering loans to purchase routes. Never used to see that. Used to have to walk the bankers through the whole setup and explain the long term viability. Seems they have been convinced over time.

And I suspect they are aware the direction FedEx is heading. It may work very well for you having got in early. But the idea that the value of the rts will grow exponentially with each successive investor will soon be dispelled. At some point the seller will be looking for a chump with too much money to bail him out.

STFXG

The routes value doesn't grow exponentially. The growth is in the number of routes. A route grows (value with volume), then splits in to two routes. You now have two routes worth more combined than the original route.

The value of a single route has grown... But not exponentially. They have grown in value at about the same rate they have grown in revenues.

Without putting actual numbers out it can get convoluted.

bbsam

Staff member
And I suspect they are aware the direction FedEx is heading. It may work very well for you having got in early. But the idea that the value of the rts will grow exponentially with each successive investor will soon be dispelled. At some point the seller will be looking for a chump with too much money to bail him out.

who ever even said that?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Never have seen "Spamalot", but "Meaning of Life" had some catchy little diddies.

Spamalot is a musical based off "The Holy Grail". As far as "Life Of Brian" goes, the only and the best is "Always Look On the Bright Side" in the end credits.
It's on my "Monty Python In Your Pocket" gizmo.Played it a lot during peak season while my coworker was in the hospital dying:sad-little:

vantexan

who ever even said that?

I've seen you talk about how much your rts have increased in value and when you sell you'll make a huge profit. You might, but sooner or later it will catch up with whoever owns those rts. Even growth resulting in splitting of rts will slow at some point. There has never been a continuous bull market in anything, not likely FedEx has created one for Ground contractors.

MAKAVELI

who ever even said that?

I've seen you talk about how much your rts have increased in value and when you sell you'll make a huge profit. You might, but sooner or later it will catch up with whoever owns those rts. Even growth resulting in splitting of rts will slow at some point. There has never been a continuous bull market in anything, not likely FedEx has created one for Ground contractors.
Don't you get it? He could care less who gets left holding their balls. As long as it isn't him.