Blanket Policy Dictates from MEM

Damon77

I love it. Anytime FedEx tries to cut costs in an absurd manner, I make more money. Want me to reattempt a stop 30 minutes away on a rural route that puts my RTB at an hour+? Absolutely, Positively.

thedownhillEXPRESS

FedEx management is incompetent enough to bring the company down without any outside help. The problem is that most employees know that their manager is a maroon, so they work around them and do what's right. If we would just do exactly what we are told (work as directed), and follow their inane policies and procedures to the letter, FedEx would implode.

This is one of the roots of the problem.

Only morons are going into management anymore.

10 years ago (before the first buyout) I actually looked up to most management.

Now it's only the biggest liars, thieves and all around dumbasses that are in charge.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I love it. Anytime FedEx tries to cut costs in an absurd manner, I make more money. Want me to reattempt a stop 30 minutes away on a rural route that puts my RTB at an hour+? Absolutely, Positively.

I get paid by the hour. The way I see it is, if they want me to do something stupid and they are paying, I'm all over it. Lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is one of the roots of the problem.

Only morons are going into management anymore.

10 years ago (before the first buyout) I actually looked up to most management.

Now it's only the biggest liars, thieves and all around dumbasses that are in charge.

The sad part is that the decent people get forced out because they won't participate. If you don't comply, you are simply gone.

SmithBarney

Hopefully MEM realizes soon that ops managers are practically unneeded, and that they could save a million bucks if they got rid of most of them.

Glorifiedpackmule

Hopefully MEM realizes soon that ops managers are practically unneeded, and that they could save a million bucks if they got rid of most of them.

Stations can run themselves. Our station operated for a few months without a manager. Moral was good and service was fine. Life went on without some idiot standing over everybody screaming constantly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Stations can run themselves. Our station operated for a few months without a manager. Moral was good and service was fine. Life went on without some idiot standing over everybody screaming constantly.

There is a lot of truth in this, and FedEx knows it. This is one of the reasons that the span of control will increase after the buyouts have finished...because managers are generally unnecessary except for administrative tasks. Operationally, couriers and Dispatch can usually keep things moving and up to speed.

As the courier workforce is decimated and the new breed of DRA "don't care" PT courier becomes predominant, the "new and improved" FedEx has a big problem, because at that point competent management is an absolute necessity. And we don't have many competent managers, which is a great opportunity for us to stand-by and watch them make the bad decisions that will deep-six Express profits.