The Act of God has happened. To

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have heard rumors of 50-something loads behind in district and gypsy pulling loads..not sure if that is true. Also locally, maybe one center only, all drivers 92 and up forced Saturday

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
i was under the impression that, since they cant code time off for a 6th punch (ie, option day, sickday etc) then they cant discipline you for not showing up. since youre not allowed to be coded for time off.

is this actually true?

im at 62.8 hours so I'll be forcing my 8hr guarantee.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
We have the same statement but BA says we can be forced. Such crazy interpretations and conflicts.
Article 66, section 1, paragraph c:
The schedule when changed shall be posted by the Employer on Monday to become effective on the following Monday

Ive been told by the BA who has negotiated the last two NE supplements and is on JC 10 board. “The company can forced us to work a 6 punch and with only one day notice”

OVERBOARD

i was under the impression that, since they cant code time off for a 6th punch (ie, option day, sickday etc) then they cant discipline you for not showing up. since youre not allowed to be coded for time off.

is this actually true?

They cant force you in if you dont have 8 hours available.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

is this actually true?

Ask them if you call out sick on Saturday, do you get 8 hours?

542thruNthru

No. They saying the company can all impose the 70 hr rule during peak and has to be a emergency.

The company during peak does not need to get approval. That's why it says except peak. Then it goes to say with prior approval the company may also change the HOS if acts of god or emergencies creating service disruptions.
Screenshot_20191206-195236_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Think of if this way. Do you really think Denis T wants 300 or more different calls during peak to be asked if they can have a building go on the 70/8 rule?

542thruNthru

i was under the impression that, since they cant code time off for a 6th punch (ie, option day, sickday etc) then they cant discipline you for not showing up. since youre not allowed to be coded for time off.is this actually true?

No need to force a 8 hour guarantee. Tell them you are not coming in.
Screenshot_20191206-200226_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No. They saying the company can all impose the 70 hr rule during peak and has to be a emergency.

Nope, the contract language you posted says they can implement the 70 rule during peak without approval from the union. Act of God is the rest of the year. If you continue on, it also says they have to force seasonal drivers and 22.4 first before regular ground driver.

If suffcient volunteers cannot be obtained to cover the over sixty (60) work hours, the Company will frst force seasonal package car drivers, non-seniority package car drivers, part-time cover driver classifcations and, then Article 22.4(b) drivers. Seniority package car drivers will only be forced after exhausting the seasonal, non-probationary drivers force process, part-time cover driver classifcations and Article 22.4(b) drivers.

542thruNthru

giphy-54.gif

The company during peak does not need to get approval. That's why it says except peak. Then it goes to say with prior approval the company may also change the HOS if acts of god or emergencies creating service disruptions.View attachment 274945

Think of if this way. Do you really think Denis T wants 300 or more different calls during peak to be asked if they can have a building go on the 70/8 rule?

Nope, the contract language you posted says they can implement the 70 rule during peak without approval from the union. Act of God is the rest of the year. If you continue on, it also says they have to force seasonal drivers and 22.4 first before regular ground driver.

If suffcient volunteers cannot be obtained to cover the over sixty (60) work hours, the Company will frst force seasonal package car drivers, non-seniority package car drivers, part-time cover driver classifcations and, then Article 22.4(b) drivers. Seniority package car drivers will only be forced after exhausting the seasonal, non-probationary drivers force process, part-time cover driver classifcations and Article 22.4(b) drivers.

OVERBOARD

The company during peak does not need to get approval. That's why it says except peak. Then it goes to say with prior approval the company may also change the HOS if acts of god or emergencies creating service disruptions.View attachment 274945

Denis T said during the contract conference call that UPS would only be able to implement the 70hr rule during peak for package and it would only be with his approval