The anti-woke movement

bbsam

Staff member
And? Are you saying because he doesn't like Trump we can't agree with him about anything? Like Maher, who hates Trump, if he says something we believe is true it should be acknowledged.
Nope. I think conservatives jump to the conclusion that when a comedian takes shots at the left, they believe the comedian is on ā€œour sideā€. I mean Matt Stone and Trey Parker have come out as republicans but mock other republicans incessantly.

Personally, I just find humor funny. I donā€™t really care about a comedianā€™s politics.

vantexan

Nope. I think conservatives jump to the conclusion that when a comedian takes shots at the left, they believe the comedian is on ā€œour sideā€. I mean Matt Stone and Trey Parker have come out as republicans but mock other republicans incessantly.

Personally, I just find humor funny. I donā€™t really care about a comedianā€™s politics.
I feel the same way. But Bill Maher has said so many critical things of the woke crowd that they're openly worried he's becoming a conservative. He's just being honest. Things have gotten so extreme he and others think the woke are hurting the Democratic Party. I watched Jay Leno needle both parties for years. It was honest and funny. Now there's a couple of late night hosts who are so blatantly one sided it's like being bludgeoned. And not funny unless you like that sort of thing.

Gotta Go

026F343F-B3DA-4608-ADA8-B71A87A39F17.jpeg

bbsam

Staff member
i think watching woke comedy speaks to the benifits of watching paint dry.
What would you consider woke comedy anyway?
I feel the same way. But Bill Maher has said so many critical things of the woke crowd that they're openly worried he's becoming a conservative. He's just being honest. Things have gotten so extreme he and others think the woke are hurting the Democratic Party. I watched Jay Leno needle both parties for years. It was honest and funny. Now there's a couple of late night hosts who are so blatantly one sided it's like being bludgeoned. And not funny unless you like that sort of thing.
Iā€™ve watched Ricky Gervais absolutely skewer Kaitlin Jenner and find it to be absolute comedy gold. Itā€™s freaking hilarious and it may have a bit of an edge but I think most comedy does. To me, there is very little ā€œoff limitsā€ when it comes to comedy. The only comedy I canā€™t stomach anymore is Bill Cosby and thatā€™s because he was a childhood hero who turned out to be a wretched human being.

vantexan

What would you consider woke comedy anyway?

Iā€™ve watched Ricky Gervais absolutely skewer Kaitlin Jenner and find it to be absolute comedy gold. Itā€™s freaking hilarious and it may have a bit of an edge but I think most comedy does. To me, there is very little ā€œoff limitsā€ when it comes to comedy. The only comedy I canā€™t stomach anymore is Bill Cosby and thatā€™s because he was a childhood hero who turned out to be a wretched human being.
Can't watch Louis CK either. Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes was hilarious. And I love Dave Chappelle.

bbsam

Staff member
Patrice Oā€™Neil was another ā€œover the lineā€ comedian that I loved. I guess the only thing that turns me off with comedy is when the material just seems angry. I loved Eddie Murphy in Delirious but his Raw material, while kinda funny, just came off as too angry at the ex-wife.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I donā€™t care anymore.
Patrice Oā€™Neil was another ā€œover the lineā€ comedian that I loved. I guess the only thing that turns me off with comedy is when the material just seems angry. I loved Eddie Murphy in Delirious but his Raw material, while kinda funny, just came off as too angry at the ex-wife.
Patrice was hilarious. Went way too soon, Bernie Mac too

Box Ox

Accurate.

Democrats Cede ā€˜Party of Educationā€™ Label to GOP: Poll​

Likely voters in 62 congressional battleground districts no longer trust Democrats over Republicans on issues related to education.

"Democrats are losing the trust of voters on K-12 education issues, and in battleground states there are signs theyā€™ve ceded that trust altogether to the GOP ā€“ a historic reversal that comes just months ahead of midterm elections on an issue the Democratic Party has historically dominated.

Polling released by the Democrats for Education Reform ā€“ a national political organization that backs Democratic candidates who support charter schools, more equitable school funding models, standardized testing and other reform-friendly policies ā€“ shows that likely voters in 62 congressional battleground districts no longer trust Democrats over Republicans on issues related to education.

ā€œThis poll shows that Democratsā€™ historic advantage on education has been erased,ā€ says Matt Hogan, a partner at Impact Research, the firm that conducted the poll. ā€œWhile Democrats typically enjoyed a double-digit advantage on which party was more trusted on education before the pandemic, voters in these battleground districts now narrowly trust Republicans more on the issue.ā€

Indeed, the poll found that 43% of likely voters said they trust Democrats on issues of education compared to 47% who said they trust Republicans."