The anti-woke movement

rickyb

I too think push back was inevitable.
theres alot of dumbed down action movies. i assume this guy wants the comic book equivalent of that

notice how ppl who are misled like @operationalneeds get offended at politics in entertainment, but dont get offended at dumbed down entertainment. i guarantee you theres no posts on here of her about that.

when im thinking about something, its useful to apply the opposite argument to figure things out. like for example ppl like to say what separates capitalism from slavery, and I say want do they have in common. its revealing.

i like intelligent movies like chris nolans stuff even though hes frequently misled, and star wars (disney sucks) and the matrix and LOTR.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
doesnt get more anti woke than propagandists of the republican party FOX news!
giphy.webp

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Call me old fashion but I am not part of this fake woke culture.
I actually laugh at some of the weird stuff these fools try to pass off as their normal.

The Matrix was a bad movie to structure one's life around.

rickyb

Call me old fashion but I am not part of this fake woke culture.
I actually laugh at some of the weird stuff these fools try to pass off as their normal.

The Matrix was a bad movie to structure one's life around.
the matrix was a great movie because it was about a westerner whos a software programmer and he learned that his life didnt amount to anything and that he was purposely being isolated like everyone else.

from there he joins the rebellion to discover a life of meaning, and gets perspective.

it had so much philosophy in it, it helped me and inspired me immensely like the story of religion has done for many. for example agent smith is a copy of many in matrix sequels and the real hugo weaving is indistinguishable from the copies, and it reminds me of fashion where most people look like everyone else no matter how much they spend. when you look like everyone else, you are forgettable and you lose your identity.

Box Ox

the matrix was a great movie because it was about a westerner whos a software programmer and he learned that his life didnt amount to anything and that he was purposely being isolated like everyone else.

from there he joins the rebellion to discover a life of meaning, and gets perspective.

it had so much philosophy in it, it helped me and inspired me immensely like the story of religion has done for many. for example agent smith is a copy of many in matrix sequels and the real hugo weaving is indistinguishable from the copies, and it reminds me of fashion where most people look like everyone else no matter how much they spend. when you look like everyone else, you are forgettable and you lose your identity.

🤣