The anti-woke movement

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Once again, Hollywood’s woketardery flamed out at the weekend box office, which is down -32 percent over this same weekend last year.

All told, the box office grossed $64 million this weekend. That’s not what one movie earned this weekend. This is what ALL the movies earned.

Oh, and guess what the only hit of the weekend is? Bob Marley: One Love. Despite terrible reviews, One Love has earned $72 million over two weeks.

But-but-but, I was told that all of these woke movies bomb — not because woke sucks — but, but, but because America is racist.

But-but-but, if racism is why all those woke movies bomb, why is the only box office hit in February a movie about a black guy?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Once again, Hollywood’s woketardery flamed out at the weekend box office, which is down -32 percent over this same weekend last year.

All told, the box office grossed $64 million this weekend. That’s not what one movie earned this weekend. This is what ALL the movies earned.

Oh, and guess what the only hit of the weekend is? Bob Marley: One Love. Despite terrible reviews, One Love has earned $72 million over two weeks.

But-but-but, I was told that all of these woke movies bomb — not because woke sucks — but, but, but because America is racist.

But-but-but, if racism is why all those woke movies bomb, why is the only box office hit in February a movie about a black guy?
I’ve gone to the movies a few times lately. I saw the Bob Marley movie last weekend. It wasn’t bad but it was hard to understand a lot of what was said because of the Jamaican accents. I feel like I missed a lot. My biggest issue going to the movies now is the trailers show movies that are either cartoons, very woke or are horror type films. I rarely see a a movie I want to watch. Why is no one making memorable movies like Titanic, Jurassic World, The Godfather, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Forrest Gump, etc? I’m not spending $15+ to watch a movie I’ll regret wasting my money on.

oldngray

nowhere special
when-you-see-it-2.jpg

vantexan

I’ve gone to the movies a few times lately. I saw the Bob Marley movie last weekend. It wasn’t bad but it was hard to understand a lot of what was said because of the Jamaican accents. I feel like I missed a lot. My biggest issue going to the movies now is the trailers show movies that are either cartoons, very woke or are horror type films. I rarely see a a movie I want to watch. Why is no one making memorable movies like Titanic, Jurassic World, The Godfather, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Forrest Gump, etc? I’m not spending $15+ to watch a movie I’ll regret wasting my money on.
Seems Hollywood is having a hard time these days portraying a white man as heroic. If he is it's because he's standing up for the rights of minorities against whites who act like evil racists. Show me a heroic white guy in today's movies and he'll likely have an equally heroic black friend who affirms that this is one of the good whites. Even Forrest Gump did that. Anything set in the South requires it.