The Ballot mess!

Irishman Collins

The situation is unprecedented because in areas where the health insurance is changing dramatically. The members have rallied against our leadership and this isn't a T.D.U. political move. This is Rank and file members standing against the I.B.T. attempting to force a health benefit that no one in these areas wants. The I.B.T. knew that the majority were already in Central States and counted on that vote along with the uninformed vote to push this through with absolutely no thought of how areas that are currently in other plans would react. They saw an opportunity and took full advantage of the situation. All at the expense of the members in those respective areas.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

The situation is unprecedented because in areas where the health insurance is changing dramatically. The members have rallied against our leadership and this isn't a T.D.U. political move. This is Rank and file members standing against the I.B.T. attempting to force a health benefit that no one in these areas wants. The I.B.T. knew that the majority were already in Central States and counted on that vote along with the uninformed vote to push this through with absolutely no thought of how areas that are currently in other plans would react. They saw an opportunity and took full advantage of the situation. All at the expense of the members in those respective areas.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do you know that management has to pay $150/per/month if they smoke, and their rates have dramatically have risen in the recent past? Would you be willing to pay that, and ever increasing premiums? I think that most all Teamcare haters are afraid of the change. I've been on it for well over 20 years, and it is gooooood.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Do you know that management has to pay $150/per/month if they smoke, and their rates have dramatically have risen in the recent past? Would you be willing to pay that, and ever increasing premiums? I think that most all Teamcare haters are afraid of the change. I've been on it for well over 20 years, and it is gooooood.
People are creatures of habit and scared of change.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In our area supervisors, retirees, leave of absence employees have been receiving ballots for the Ohio Rider.

Have you compiled a verifiable list, and brought this to the attention of your Local ??

And who is monitoring the DOL?

Any member in good standing can be present at the vote count.

Are you trying to lay groundwork for saying vote was rigged?

Yep.

That just would take to much time and isn't sexy enough for the DOL. The DOL doesn't care about the accuracy of our contract count. They only care if they can find a story that would make the headlines.

That's in their "mission statement"....

2ba9w1.jpg

For those of you that want to blame the T.D.U., I haven't seen one flier come from that organization or one T.D.U. leader out campaigning with Vote No guys.

There was a coordinated effort around the state, to hand out flyers.... 2 weeks ago.

-Bug-

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Have you compiled a verifiable list, and brought this to the attention of your Local ??

Any member in good standing can be present at the vote count.

Yep.

That's in their "mission statement"....

2ba9w1.jpg

There was a coordinated effort around the state, to hand out flyers.... 2 weeks ago.

-Bug-
Yea they had some kind of secret meeting.

Irishman Collins

Big Union guy, we are currently working on such a list but honestly we realize that the DOL is going to do nothing in regards to our concerns.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, even though I think you are on the wrong side of this argument. I do find your responses some what witty and intelligent. I enjoy the banter.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Lol! Good TRY!

Sent using BrownCafe App
It's a legit question if you think there is something inappropriate going on you should be there to make sure that bad old IBT does it right so you can go to the DOL with your findings. That is of course unless you just like to throw thing out to see what sticks

Irishman Collins

Upschuck, do u really think that if we had strong negotiators that we would be subject to the same kind of restrictions? For years now members in the company plan have had better health care than mgmt and currently we pay nothing whereas they pay for theirs. Again with strong leadership and a full house there was never a reason to lose to a pair. The leverage was all ours and we got our collective ass's beat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Stonefish, even though I think you are on the wrong side of this argument. I do find your responses some what witty and intelligent. I enjoy the banter.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I enjoy the banter also but with all of your theories you should go to the count and back up your words. Get your list together go to the count and make your protests know. Don't just do it on this internet site. Put your big boy pants on

Stonefish

Upschuck, do u really think that if we had strong negotiators that we would be subject to the same kind of restrictions? For years now members in the company plan have had better health care than mgmt and currently we pay nothing whereas they pay for theirs. Again with strong leadership and a full house there was never a reason to lose to a pair. The leverage was all ours and we got our collective ass's beat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I know I asked you this before but I gotta ask again how many contracts have you negotiated? How much do you know about negotiations and since you know so much about what were the alternatives? Oh that's right UPS has deeeepp pockets that the answer.

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, no worries we have people there and I think it's others that need their big boy pants on. We are united in our efforts. We are fighting both sides. I think that requires some mighty big pants if you ask me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Sent using BrownCafe App
And what would you have been willing to give up? You do realize that HC premiums have skyrocketed in the past 5 years by 10-15 percent in those years which means 60-101% increase in premiums. You already claim that they gave up too much, so they went to a very good alternative.

They are going to continue to make big profits, they have to since they went public. To do that, they can either raise prices or limit costs, or a combination of the two. If they raise prices too high, our shippers will go elsewhere, leaving us less work, declining profits, and less money in our pockets. That is the reality of the beast we work for.