The beatings continue...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You really gotta love it when FredEx goes thirty steps out of their way to please a customer these days. We were allowed to do a DEX17 future delivery for today, isn't that just a reattempt same day? Also gotta love it when they go hunting squirrels and load for bear, rentals still sitting in the building, most of the FO and PM crew not really needed and that mandatory work day crap and the volume was nowhere what it was supposed to be. Effing great when I have to get up an hour earlier to come in an hour earlier and then they use 40 minutes of that time for stoopid ***** safety meeting and a manager's 25 yr anniversary and leave at the same time I do every other day. What a great effing way to monopolize my time.

Exactly. I just called-in sick instead. Screw them.

Doc Sorting Dude

In our station too we also had to explain the "why were you late delivering packages" to your manager. I had lates one day and told my manager the next morning that if you (managers) don't improve the "leave building times" lates are much your problem too. I can tell just by my stop count whether I can make it or not. Put the onus on them, some other idiot couriers are falsifying "not in/closed" dex when 10:30 is looming close just so they don't have to face the music in the morning. That courier that said she bumped those 5 packages was smart, take your max and bump the rest; let some late starting baseline person cover that.

Goldilocks

In our station too we also had to explain the "why were you late delivering packages" to your manager. I had lates one day and told my manager the next morning that if you (managers) don't improve the "leave building times" lates are much your problem too. I can tell just by my stop count whether I can make it or not. Put the onus on them, some other idiot couriers are falsifying "not in/closed" dex when 10:30 is looming close just so they don't have to face the music in the morning. That courier that said she bumped those 5 packages was smart, take your max and bump the rest; let some late starting baseline person cover that.

Yep, you are right. Learn to play the game.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Most managers are clueless to the fact that backing off start times=late leave building times=late packages. Time to start drawing them a picture....naw, that won't work either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Most managers are clueless to the fact that backing off start times=late leave building times=late packages. Time to start drawing them a picture....naw, that won't work either.

In the past, we had to explain lates over the DADS unit. I would always use 2 words..."Management Incompetence". Whenever I'm asked now, I use the same 2 words. Simple, but true. They hate it, and that's just too bad.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

But I just bought a box of crayons so I could talk to my manager....dang, guess the kids won't eat today.