The beatings will continue

bacha29

Is somebody forgetting something here? Going 24/7 is about all that can be done in the short term. However we've all heard the term "moving parts" Never more so the case then right here. Trucks, trailers, cranes, conveyers , airplanes and on and on. The all require timely scheduled maintenance and repair. This plan might be ok for a few weeks but if it goes on for an extended period expect to see a lot of broken down equipment sitting all over the place. You might be able to skip required maintenance intervals for a few days or perhaps a couple of weeks but that's about it.

However short the timeline might be we'll be lucky if we don't get somebody killed .

Serf

The Global supply bottleneck shortage disruption BS. That the Government itself created. Inflation is up 13% or so. It needs to get much worse before it gets better.

Side note; just how hard is it to get decent help? Our station had a hiring event. We have 42 openings. 27 passed the preliminary first step so to speak. Of that 27, we got 6 ppl. (3 of which I’m sure are C- level) that’s how it usually goes.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Well with the dead end job FedEx has turned this into what do you expect.
Little or no raises during a pandemic.
Dwindling catastrophic only healthcare.
Horrible hours and scheduling.
Current employees running for the exits.
Directors and management that are clueless.
Only those really down on their luck or no other options are remaining.

falcon back

Have you headed for the exit yet?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That’s exactly why I headed for the exit as quickly as I did. The stress of the job just wasn’t worth it anymore. Plus I didn’t want to deal with in-cab cameras and an impending probable vaccination mandate.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That’s exactly why I headed for the exit as quickly as I did. The stress of the job just wasn’t worth it anymore. Plus I didn’t want to deal with in-cab cameras and an impending probable vaccination mandate.
Good for you.

In all the years of my work life I’ve never seen such BS, lying and poor management as I did with X. They got the brass ring for sure.

Shut up falcon back.

falcon back

Stress? Stress is for people that can't handle the job. You leave the stress for dispatchers and managers. You pick up and deliver packages. Why does anyone stress over being a courier?

falcon back

You have to get the Covid shot to get the extra money on the HRA. Smart move by the company.