The big bang theory

El Correcto

god is dead
“In their first and crudest attempt at creating the illusion of a contradiction between evolution and the second law of thermodynamics, creationists simply ignored the fact that evolving systems are not isolated. Their next endeavor consisted of altering the second law by maintaining that it precludes entropy decreases in all systems, not just isolated ones.

Although they still occasionally make either or both of these claims in debates, they apparently realized at some point, presumably after having been confronted with examples proving them wrong, that a new device was needed. So, they invented the "Creative Trinity." This actually replaces the second law, but they still refer to it as the second law of thermodynamics in order to maintain the air of scientific respectability.

There is a virtually unlimited number of examples of natural systems in which entropy deficiencies develop spontaneously, provided only that energy is allowed to flow across their boundaries, thus disproving the creationist requirement for a divine directing program or different kinds of entropy. We are awaiting coherent responses from creationists dealing with these examples.

This leaves only the task of examining the validity of the claim by creationists that genetic programs could not have developed naturally and must therefore have been intelligently created. A simple calculation of the probability of formation of a sufficiently autocatalytic chain of amino acids and an elementary examination of the process of evolution through mutations and natural selection from simple organisms to complex ones show that, whatever difficulties occur in the natural origin of life, they do not involve any violations of the second law of thermodynamics.”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
“In their first and crudest attempt at creating the illusion of a contradiction between evolution and the second law of thermodynamics, creationists simply ignored the fact that evolving systems are not isolated. Their next endeavor consisted of altering the second law by maintaining that it precludes entropy decreases in all systems, not just isolated ones.

Although they still occasionally make either or both of these claims in debates, they apparently realized at some point, presumably after having been confronted with examples proving them wrong, that a new device was needed. So, they invented the "Creative Trinity." This actually replaces the second law, but they still refer to it as the second law of thermodynamics in order to maintain the air of scientific respectability.

There is a virtually unlimited number of examples of natural systems in which entropy deficiencies develop spontaneously, provided only that energy is allowed to flow across their boundaries, thus disproving the creationist requirement for a divine directing program or different kinds of entropy. We are awaiting coherent responses from creationists dealing with these examples.

This leaves only the task of examining the validity of the claim by creationists that genetic programs could not have developed naturally and must therefore have been intelligently created. A simple calculation of the probability of formation of a sufficiently autocatalytic chain of amino acids and an elementary examination of the process of evolution through mutations and natural selection from simple organisms to complex ones show that, whatever difficulties occur in the natural origin of life, they do not involve any violations of the second law of thermodynamics.”

Nice, someone who doesn't understand the laws of thermodynamics referencing an article written by people who also don't understand the laws of thermodynamics, whose entire purpose for writing the article is to disprove their straw man of yet other people's argument about the laws of thermodynamics. That's a pretty hot mess you got on your hands there, kiddo. See what I did there? Hot mess? You would get it if you understood the laws of thermodynamics.

El Correcto

god is dead
Nice, someone who doesn't understand the laws of thermodynamics referencing an article written by people who also don't understand the laws of thermodynamics, whose entire purpose for writing the article is to disprove their straw man of yet other people's argument about the laws of thermodynamics. That's a pretty hot mess you got on your hands there, kiddo. See what I did there? Hot mess? You would get it if you understood the laws of thermodynamics.
Here you go you silly jew worshipper this guy wrote the people that literally write text books that teach thermodynamics.
Have at it. They say much the same as what I posted above.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Here you go you silly jew worshipper this guy wrote the people that literally write text books that teach thermodynamics.
Okay fudgepacker, you’re following the wrong bear tracks.

I might try to enlighten you if you could find the path back to civil discourse.

El Correcto

god is dead
Okay fudgepacker, you’re following the wrong bear tracks.

I might try to enlighten you if you could find the path back to civil discourse.
Fudgepacker... not only are your arguments from the 1970’s so are your insults. Grow up you silly jew worshipper it’s 2021, information is there if you want it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Uh oh. They most experty expert sciency guy. The guy who came up with the laws of thermodynamics believed in a creator. Why do you mock his beliefs with his work that you don't understand?

El Correcto

god is dead
Uh oh. They most experty expert sciency guy. The guy who came up with the laws of thermodynamics believed in a creator. Why do you mock his beliefs with his work that you don't understand?
So what? Thermodynamics doesn’t disprove a creator, just like it doesn’t disprove evolution.
You got a point here you silly jew worshipper?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Fudgepacker... not only are your arguments from the 1970’s so are your insults. Grow up you silly jew worshipper it’s 2021, information is there if you want it.
Apologies for the faux pas, was just trying to demonstrate how counterproductive insulting those with a different viewpoint is.

El Correcto

god is dead
Apologies for the faux pas, was just trying to demonstrate how counterproductive insulting those with a different viewpoint is.
I don’t care if this is productive, talking to you jew worshippers is never productive, I just like watching grown men deny scientific proof that their Bible is blatantly wrong when it comes to their creationist myth.

newfie

What i believe, right now, until futher evidence is presented. Is yes, we evolved from lower life forms. The earth is supposedly 3-5 billion years old. Alot can happen in 3-5 BILLION years.
you realize the same science that you use to prove evolution also disproves the ability of all life forms here being able to evolve from a single life form?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don’t care if this is productive, talking to you jew worshippers is never productive, I just like watching grown men deny scientific proof that their Bible is blatantly wrong when it comes to their creationist myth.
Hey you’re the one who asked for this thread so that evidence (not proof) of a Creator could be discussed. Your total lack of respect for anyone who supports creation shows only how small-minded you are.