The Border Crisis: Is Allowing Illegals To Flood In A Good Thing?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Great question.

Another good question.
Both with simple answers, I’d think. If you have a choice between walking who knows how far in 100° weather, being led by cartel members, through the desert for who knows how long, or paying more and riding in a refrigerated truck (no way they could've known it wasn’t on/working) for a much shorter time, which would you choose?

newolddude

Both with simple answers, I’d think. If you have a choice between walking who knows how far in 100° weather, being led by cartel members, through the desert for who knows how long, or paying more and riding in a refrigerated truck (no way they could've known it wasn’t on/working) for a much shorter time, which would you choose?
But I thought the border was open and Biden was letting everyone in?

Integrity

Binge Poster
In this example, I would choose the refrigerated truck.

vantexan

But I thought the border was open and Biden was letting everyone in?
Your question has been answered already but you keep throwing that out as if you're making some snarky point. The border is swamped with asylum seekers. Others are slipping through, possibly carrying drugs. And most like, but speculation, those people in that truck were guaranteed a job and transportation to it.

vantexan

It is obvious to me that Biden did not perpetuate this crime.

The illegal smugglers did.

IMO The ones who did it are solely responsible.
So refusing to complete the wall, having activists in Central America encouraging people to come up, letting them go on their own recognizance in the States while waiting for their asylum hearing instead of waiting in Mexico, flying them to airports around the country in the middle of the night, or buying them bus tickets or chartering busses to transport them, giving them food and housing, and doing all of this on a scale never seen before with hundreds of thousands crossing per month, none of this contributed to smugglers being emboldened to truck in dozens of illegals at at time?

oldngray

nowhere special
Reading is FUNdamental.
wall-of-text.jpg