The Brown Cafe and UPS

raceanoncr

Would you be afraid? I lost my fear a long time ago, something you wouldn't know about...FEAR....fear is a weakness that needs to leave the body, once you have no fear you can stand up for yourself and you union brothers and sisters, :cursing:

I'm afraid. I'm VERY araid!!!!

LKLND3380

Might want to be careful about this one. UPS is ingenious when it comes to figuring things out. Your personal identity is probably no exception. I wouldn't surprised if somebody at Atlanta figured out who I was in the last week or so because of my posts. I don't work there anymore but I still wouldn't be surprised. -Rocky

As long as you are not posting priveledged information, company secrets or stuff off upsers.com you are ok... Even then I would grieve it and 90% get my job back with back pay...

There was something a few months back on upsers.com as soon as you logged on saying you agreed not to share information on upsers.com - blah blah blah...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes I remember it, I dont see why anyone has a problem with watching language, since #%*@## are still available to use in place of words. Ive never seen one of those edited. Granted there are a million or so websites where you can swear, and cuss and use profanity to your hearts content. Whats wrong with one, who wants anyone of any age, or people who may not want to read profanity, able to view?

happyboy

Sometimes i hate working at ups, I really like the Money But i don't like working until Eight O clock. I Hate the fact that ups cuts routes and put extra stops on the routes that are in.

I look in the paper from time to time for another job but i don't see many unskilled jobs that pay $60,000 or more a year.

The fair tax, 23% of what u spend is cheaper than 25% of what u earn

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
Respectful, let me tell you something about respect, it's earned not given...never given. .....I lost my fear a long time ago, something you wouldn't know about...FEAR....fear is a weakness that needs to leave the body, once you have no fear you can stand up for yourself and you union brothers and sisters, until then give me a break.

I find if you read it using a Jack Nicholson voice from A Few Good Men, it's still scary but just a little more entertaining. And yes, I can handle the truth.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the UPS narcs couldn't figure out who you are and find you. That said we have a hard enough time just keeping workers we have. Basically if you show up for work thats half the battle.. As for as hating working at at UPS, I've been at it for over 20 years, I've had about 10 different center managers, almost all of them were liars. There has been a few that were honest, but I think in order to move up in mgmt you have to have a cold heart. Ups doesn't treat their mgmt people any better, they just fired 2 mgmt people here they both had over 20 years in. It's good to get out of the bldg in the morning and away from the callous, cold hearted and ruthlessness.:sad:

air_upser

UPS can (and does)track your web surfing easily if you use your login and password to get through the proxy. People in Atlanta do watch this site...probably just for entertainment. IS tried blocking the site and got a call within hours to unblock it.

I find if you read it using a Jack Nicholson voice from A Few Good Men, it's still scary but just a little more entertaining. And yes, I can handle the truth.

:laugh::w00t::laugh::w00t:

I tried it... it's hilarious....:thumbup1:

air_upser; said:
UPS can (and does)track your web surfing easily if you use your login and password to get through the proxy. People in Atlanta do watch this site...probably just for entertainment. IS tried blocking the site and got a call within hours to unblock it.

Pretty sure they were talking about being tracked from home, not logging in from a company computer. Being tracked is a no brainer in that situation....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

UPS can only know what you are looking at if you are at work and logged on to their computers, I'm just trying to clarify a little bit here. Yes, we do have members who work in Corporate, and I am glad they are here. They gripe about stuff just like the rest of us hourlies. I have no problem telling my management Team what I think about things at work. Privately, they usually agree with me. This is an anonymous forum, everyone should feel free to come here and state their opinions, just leave out private names and trade secrets. As far as the relationship between Brown Cafe and UPS, UPS does not run this site. The Brown Cafe is for all UPS employees, everyone is welcome.

FromBluetoBrown

I eat breakfast 4,000 yards from Part time sups who are trained to kill me, so don't think you can come down here in your fudgity brown uniform and intimidate me!

upsgrunt

You want me in that truck; you neeeeed me in that truck! I'd prefer that you just say "thank you" and go on your way.

1timepu

UPS can only know what you are looking at if you are at work and logged on to their computers, I'm just trying to clarify a little bit here. Yes, we do have members who work in Corporate, and I am glad they are here. They gripe about stuff just like the rest of us hourlies. I have no problem telling my management Team what I think about things at work. Privately, they usually agree with me. This is an anonymous forum, everyone should feel free to come here and state their opinions, just leave out private names and trade secrets. As far as the relationship between Brown Cafe and UPS, UPS does not run this site. The Brown Cafe is for all UPS employees, everyone is welcome.

Here here. not all management are bad and not all teamsters are good, to label people in general is dangerous this is how racism started, take the labels away

Braveheart

i would bet that the real number is about 1-2% that hate coming to work, stop trying to speak for the majority when YOU are in the minority.
Sorry to disagree but it is not 1-2%!!! It may not be 99% but wayyyyyyyy more than 2%. It is like what one of the members said, "I love my job, I just hate what they do to it", they being the managers!

Braveheart

Respectful, let me tell you something about respect, it's earned not given...never given. You are saying I am not decent....stick it, I had two tours overseas, been back now almost 1 year, come back to UPS and its still the same old crap. I have 15 years senority, 10 full time. Don't tell me about RESPECT, I'll feed you respect right down your throat. I have been a steward for 12 years, took care of my ppl when we were on strike, continue to help when a twenty something part time sup, treats a grown man in his 40's, 50's and above like crap. I don't stand for that, at any company, would you? Would you be afraid? I lost my fear a long time ago, something you wouldn't know about...FEAR....fear is a weakness that needs to leave the body, once you have no fear you can stand up for yourself and you union brothers and sisters, until then give me a break. Granted there are some good bosses at work, not all of them are idots, and why am I here, same reason everyone else is/was where else can I go and make 60k with only a high school dipolma? I refuse to go back into the service, I did my duty. I have a family, we don't pay for health, why, because of the Union, there are pro's and cons to them as well, I feel bad for the part timers more, most don't know what the hell is going on....with that being said, expressing yourself cussing etc...is free speech, fine it's not allowed on here, and I am sure no one cusses outside of the "brown cafe" I abide by these rules...for now anyway. IMO if thats ok?:cursing:
I would like to vote for you to replace Hoffa at once! That was one of the best comments I have ever read!!!

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has brown walls. And those brown walls have to be guarded by men and women with brown guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Part timers? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Union and you curse the Brown Package Warriors. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the Union, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that Brown wall. You need me on that Brown wall. We use words like honor, code, and purple teddy bears...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and applies heavy coats of makeup under the blanket of the very lightly sprinkled fairy dust I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said “Love me all night” and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a DiadLover and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!