The Brown Cafe and UPS

C

canecorso

I just joined this board...with the exception of no cussing (give me a break) it's not bad...but who is really on here I would bet that there are supervisors on here being typical punks....and/or punks that bleed brown, although the majority myself included want a fair contract, take pride in this job which most ppl wouldn't do. But seriously 99% full timers HATE coming into work, our bodies are beaten, we are lied too, and treated like {********} EVERYDAY. Part timers too.... if you bleed brown, remember WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...no thats not a threat it's a PROMISE!!! I need a good contract, I have a family...Have you ever wondered why so many ppl hate UPS their OWN employees! Why? Why is the turnover rate so high? Why? Does anyone really think that other companies are like this....they arn't...why is UPS? WHY? does anyone have any realistic answers?

{Profanity edited out by Cheryl - this is my 3rd request, please clean up your language}

Fnix

I couldn't even hold another job other then UPS. I've been fired from 2 jobs in the past 6 months but haven't even had a problem at UPS. Thats why I'm staying here.

maybrown

is not a woman
Canecorso, most of the people on this forum are decent, respectful employees. I don't think you will like it here.
I agree I love the company I work for no matter what. My family depends on UPS. I own UPS stocks. Every company has its own problem.
At the end we all work for UPS.

DS

Fenderbender
I just joined this board...with the exception of no cussing (give me a break)
Hey buddy,take a pill.Feel free to give your opinion here but please realize that you are just one of the overwhelming share of upsers here that agree that ups is far from the perfect place to work.
This site is well balanced between hourlies sups,retirees,etc so
please try to be objective with your comments.
Swear at work if you want,but not here please.

tritese

tritese
helloooo.........if other companies aren't like UPS then why do you hang around? join the turnovers if you are so miserable! i don't think anyone is forcing you to stay at UPS........

ikoi62

But seriously 99% full timers HATE coming into work
i would bet that the real number is about 1-2% that hate coming to work, stop trying to speak for the majority when YOU are in the minority.

C

canecorso

Canecorso, most of the people on this forum are decent, respectful employees. I don't think you will like it here.

Respectful, let me tell you something about respect, it's earned not given...never given. You are saying I am not decent....stick it, I had two tours overseas, been back now almost 1 year, come back to UPS and its still the same old crap. I have 15 years senority, 10 full time. Don't tell me about RESPECT, I'll feed you respect right down your throat. I have been a steward for 12 years, took care of my ppl when we were on strike, continue to help when a twenty something part time sup, treats a grown man in his 40's, 50's and above like crap. I don't stand for that, at any company, would you? Would you be afraid? I lost my fear a long time ago, something you wouldn't know about...FEAR....fear is a weakness that needs to leave the body, once you have no fear you can stand up for yourself and you union brothers and sisters, until then give me a break. Granted there are some good bosses at work, not all of them are idots, and why am I here, same reason everyone else is/was where else can I go and make 60k with only a high school dipolma? I refuse to go back into the service, I did my duty. I have a family, we don't pay for health, why, because of the Union, there are pro's and cons to them as well, I feel bad for the part timers more, most don't know what the hell is going on....with that being said, expressing yourself cussing etc...is free speech, fine it's not allowed on here, and I am sure no one cusses outside of the "brown cafe" I abide by these rules...for now anyway. IMO if thats ok?:cursing:

FEGuy

Canecorso,
I know I am not alone in saying that I hope you get the help that you need. There are many good mental health facilities out there, I hope that you can find one that will start to ease your troubled mind.
Good luck, and God Bless.

C

canecorso

Canecorso,
I know I am not alone in saying that I hope you get the help that you need. There are many good mental health facilities out there, I hope that you can find one that will start to ease your troubled mind.
Good luck, and God Bless.

FEguy, you just made me laugh, thanks...I take it out at the gym, thats my treatment......God bless you too..:thumbup1:

FromBluetoBrown

Respectful, let me tell you something about respect, it's earned not given...never given. You are saying I am not decent....stick it, I had two tours overseas, been back now almost 1 year, come back to UPS and its still the same old crap. I have 15 years senority, 10 full time. Don't tell me about RESPECT, I'll feed you respect right down your throat.

You are right, respect is earned and not given and right now you aren't giving anybody any respect so therefore you should not earn it.

Respectful, let me tell you something about respect, it's earned not given...never given. You are saying I am not decent....stick it, I had two tours overseas, been back now almost 1 year, come back to UPS and its still the same old crap. I have 15 years senority, 10 full time. Don't tell me about RESPECT, I'll feed you respect right down your throat. I have been a steward for 12 years, took care of my ppl when we were on strike, continue to help when a twenty something part time sup, treats a grown man in his 40's, 50's and above like crap. I don't stand for that, at any company, would you? Would you be afraid? I lost my fear a long time ago, something you wouldn't know about...FEAR....fear is a weakness that needs to leave the body, once you have no fear you can stand up for yourself and you union brothers and sisters, until then give me a break. Granted there are some good bosses at work, not all of them are idots, and why am I here, same reason everyone else is/was where else can I go and make 60k with only a high school dipolma? I refuse to go back into the service, I did my duty. I have a family, we don't pay for health, why, because of the Union, there are pro's and cons to them as well, I feel bad for the part timers more, most don't know what the hell is going on....with that being said, expressing yourself cussing etc...is free speech, fine it's not allowed on here, and I am sure no one cusses outside of the "brown cafe" I abide by these rules...for now anyway. IMO if thats ok?:cursing:

How can a pt sup possably treat someone like crap? They couldn't do anything to make a grown man cry.:crying: Obviously your 15 years senority hasn't made you a good person. If you were my steward, I would withdrawal from the union. I'm sure "your ppl" are more afraid of what you might do, than anything mgmt could do to them.

mikestrek

Oh my god! you sound pissed. Dude it can't all be UPS your pissed at. I've been with the company now for 23 years, Yes we have our problems just like any other company and yes we have our rogue supervisers. but if you look at some of the employeers on your route you'll see just how lucky you are. Farm labor employees getting robbed by there own labor bosses. business owners on the brink of going under, Factory employees with low pay, no benefits and high turn over rates. Yes, I get pissed once in a while but my company has helped me take care of my wife and kids. Our contracts are helping to lead the way for all those other screwed employees out there. Were all doing the right thing so relax and get over it.
I love my company (UPS) but I also love my union (TEAMSTERS)

Dragontongue

P/T Tr Sup 66062
I'm not sure where this tread is going, but I wanted to respond to the title: "The Brown Cafe & UPS"

I was quite surprised to see this when I used a search engine to search for upsers.com. I made a forum like this myself once and messaged the clowns behind upsers.com about a discussion forum - both were futile. This is a fantastic tool for the actual workers of ups and I'm glad to see it being used.

I saw a negative comment about supervisors being on here; yes, there are, I'm one, and I'm going to spread the word of this in my hub. I've already seen posts here that I will try to get my full-times to look at, and hopefully open their eyes to some improper business practices common in many operation centers. As well, I hope to use information from discussions here to make positive changes in my own hub.

So, anyway, Thanks to the forum Sponors, and thanks to the upsers that use this space to voice real concerns.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I've already seen posts here that I will try to get my full-times to look at, and hopefully open their eyes to some improper business practices common in many operation centers.

Might want to be careful about this one. UPS is ingenious when it comes to figuring things out. Your personal identity is probably no exception. I wouldn't surprised if somebody at Atlanta figured out who I was in the last week or so because of my posts. I don't work there anymore but I still wouldn't be surprised. -Rocky

Dragontongue

P/T Tr Sup 66062
Might want to be careful about this one. UPS is ingenious when it comes to figuring things out. Your personal identity is probably no exception. I wouldn't surprised if somebody at Atlanta figured out who I was in the last week or so because of my posts. I don't work there anymore but I still wouldn't be surprised. -Rocky
You've got to be kidding; I'm not afraid of my bosses, if they want to fire me, nothing & no one can stop them. Not to mention, if I stumbled onto this forum, they will if they have not already - it's public, and not backed or sponsored by ups. If they care to weed out questionable employees, they'll pay their security department to scour these boards - what I do will have no impact on that.