zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why should it teach that all people are racist? That’s a premise the OMG and I were beginning with. It’s actually inconsequential in the scope of CRT that those without power are racist. It’s those in power and with racist ambitions that can’t be allowed to subvert others with the law and policy. CRT makes no attempt to end racism or get everyone to love one another or any of that crap.

Calling something Marxist does make it scary, doesn’t make it evil and doesn’t make it nonexistent. There have been divisions in this country since it’s inception and people eager to take advantage of those divisions have been around just as long. They aren’t created or conjured or prayed into being.

That said, government is in no way required to turn a blind eye to the way society behaves and oppresses the liberty of some of its citizens for the enrichment of others. In fact, it is imperative that a government attempt to rectify those conditions. It’s messy and has unintended consequences but pretending that there aren’t those with power and those without is silly. The idea that race is not a factor and has not been a factor through the ages is denying history and the attempt to make it less of a denigrating factor should continue.

You don't fight collectivism with another version of collectivism. It's convenient, and easier, to group people together by arbitrary factors and pretend they all suffer or benefit equally from all the same circumstances. But that is a lie, and any solutions based on lies will never address the real problem, that being you simply can't group people together arbitrarily.

You made a few claims that I don't stipulate as true. Government is not required to turn a blind eye to the way society treats some of its members. What does that even mean? Government is people, society is people. It's another attempt at collectivizing guilt. The only way to address injustice is on an individual level. If someone or groups of ssomeones violate the rights of others, those people should face the consequences. You don't address the guilty parties by blaming all of society for their crimes. But that's the express intent of CRT as it is being used in the classroom.

Then you day that it is imperative that the government attempt to rectify those conditions. Why? All that it is imperative that the government do is provide for the common defense, protect the rights of Its citizens, and enforce contracts. If someone breaks the law, then they should face the consequences, not everyone who happens to share a skin tone with the guilty.

I have never made the claim that race isn't or hasn't been a factor, so I don't see a need to defend that position. The problem is that race is not always a factor, nor is it the only or even the most important factor in every particular injustice, so focusing on race as the main factor all injustice throughout all of history is not going to help create any meaningful change.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And this is something that is preached in CRT?
You sure you’re not reaching there? Not even a little bit

Yes it's a stretch, it's called rhetorical hyperbole. But the focus of CRT is race, it's in the name. If it incorporated any other factors it would be called critical multi-factor theory, which I would probably have less of an issue with.

As for the 5 examples, we would have to agree on what constitutes evil. You accept the idea of white privilege as legitimate, whereas I do not, so it seems unlikely that we will have a meeting of the minds on this one. But, if I come across anything I believe even you would agree amounts to a child being told they are evil because of their skin color, I will be sure to pass it along.

El Correcto

god is dead
Oh, come on now. Don’t you guys tease me with a good time and fail to deliver
What’s my agenda??? I am ready to be enlightened 😎
why are you calling your point of view an agenda? You don’t have an agenda, the people feeding you this racist propaganda do. You just have a brainwashed perspective on racial justice in this society, constantly deflecting from any solid criticism of your ideas.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1624929972611.png

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
why are you calling your point of view an agenda? You don’t have an agenda, the people feeding you this racist propaganda do. You just have a brainwashed perspective on racial justice in this society, constantly deflecting from any solid criticism of your ideas.
Don’t say racist things about black people
It’s so simple 😂

bbsam

Staff member
Where do you stay when you go? You got a wife? Kids? You bring them?
Yeah. We go all over. When I was born we lived in the Humboldt Park area. A lot of Peurto Rican folks. My best friend lived down just off California and then moved North to just off Roosevelt. My wife and I enjoy the theater down town and there used to be a Lawry’s restaurant nearby.

We’ve been to several Bears games and a couple museums. Went out to Navy Pier once. Would like to get back there one day.

I’ll tell you what. Walk this streets at any time on any day and there’s no telling what you’ll see. Pretty amazing.

bbsam

Staff member
Where is it you believe that is happening?
I’d say some people are using it for political advantage on both sides. The Democrats probably have the stronger hand even if they’re taking serious creative liberties with it. Republicans simply want to demonize it and throw it out. They’d be better off accepting that it’s not going anywhere and giving a far better explanation of what it is and what it’s doing.

(Hint: it’s not a Marxist takeover of US culture.)

bbsam

Staff member
You don't fight collectivism with another version of collectivism. It's convenient, and easier, to group people together by arbitrary factors and pretend they all suffer or benefit equally from all the same circumstances. But that is a lie, and any solutions based on lies will never address the real problem, that being you simply can't group people together arbitrarily.

You made a few claims that I don't stipulate as true. Government is not required to turn a blind eye to the way society treats some of its members. What does that even mean? Government is people, society is people. It's another attempt at collectivizing guilt. The only way to address injustice is on an individual level. If someone or groups of ssomeones violate the rights of others, those people should face the consequences. You don't address the guilty parties by blaming all of society for their crimes. But that's the express intent of CRT as it is being used in the classroom.

Then you day that it is imperative that the government attempt to rectify those conditions. Why? All that it is imperative that the government do is provide for the common defense, protect the rights of Its citizens, and enforce contracts. If someone breaks the law, then they should face the consequences, not everyone who happens to share a skin tone with the guilty.

I have never made the claim that race isn't or hasn't been a factor, so I don't see a need to defend that position. The problem is that race is not always a factor, nor is it the only or even the most important factor in every particular injustice, so focusing on race as the main factor all injustice throughout all of history is not going to help create any meaningful change.
You live in a fantasy word of a history that never took place.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yeah. We go all over. When I was born we lived in the Humboldt Park area. A lot of Peurto Rican folks. My best friend lived down just off California and then moved North to just off Roosevelt. My wife and I enjoy the theater down town and there used to be a Lawry’s restaurant nearby.

We’ve been to several Bears games and a couple museums. Went out to Navy Pier once. Would like to get back there one day.

I’ll tell you what. Walk this streets at any time on any day and there’s no telling what you’ll see. Pretty amazing.
I havent went to chicago in 2 years. Lived there for maybe 5,6 years as a child, then summers with my dad. As an adult, wife an i used to go for weekend trips all the time, stay at swank hotels downtown, eat good food, party, pretend we were cool. Do not plan on going there anytime soon unless its by myself, not bringing my family. Last i heard, the new cool gang initiation thing to do is carjack folks right downtown.