The Disease Called "Premature Helperism"

Indecisi0n

What they ought to do...is just make it clear to everyone that our job at this point is to train the helpers and get them up to speed on the DIAD so that they will be ready to go when all hell breaks loose in a couple of weeks. Every helper gets 6-8 hours per day and we dont care how the numbers look on the report. I like sports analogies, and if peak was an NFL season then this week would be the preseason where we practice and try out new plays and iron out the bugs in the system without being worried about the final score of the game.
I made the mistake of training a helper one year. He was great with the diad but the next day they pulled him from me. I never trained another helper since. The stops required for the helper were in his board before I even picked him up.

IESucks

Premature Helperism strikes again in centers all across the states. Seems to only strike Management? Common signs are confusion along with no sense of reality as management cannot comprehend why having a helper before the route is dense never works? No matter how long you try to explain that the helper is sitting as you drive from area to area, all they will mutter is "but you have a helper"? Help fight this dreaded disease!
You are suppose to be training the helper so you can utilize him when it gets dense. He should be left at bldgs to deliver while you go about your day and call you when done.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Premature Helperism strikes again in centers all across the states. Seems to only strike Management? Common signs are confusion along with no sense of reality as management cannot comprehend why having a helper before the route is dense never works? No matter how long you try to explain that the helper is sitting as you drive from area to area, all they will mutter is "but you have a helper"? Help fight this dreaded disease!
I wish they’d give me a helper early. Give me time to teach them to use the board.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If that is the case, zip the mouth with number comments. Can't have it both ways.
They’re never happy period. When I was a helper we were running over 50 stops an hour but they were mad my driver wasn’t dropping me off then coming back.

Dude we are running 12 more stops an hour than anyone else in the building. Who the :censored2: cares how.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I got offered the day off. So something got cut.
Yup, cuts made here too. I guess we can kiss the light day "flavor of the month" :censored2: goodbye!!!

Inside employees are being told to wait until next week for helper because they are currently trying to vet and retain seasonals for when s* really hits the fan.

Staydryitsraining

I used one yesterday for 2.5 hours on my last 60 stops. Was done by 6. I love it.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
God I already miss not having stupid cuts added in at the last minute: going 3461, 3462, 3463, 3464 ... 3472, 3473.

I'd kill for that add/cut sequence. Today they gave me 33 stops all assigned to 1875, never mind the stops that were 1874 and 1876.

Only have 50 done. Have 114 to go.
If be I didn't have my helper today, I would be so screwed. But still idgf

rod

Retired 22 years
All my helpers ever did was run with the packages. The only thing I ever taught them was how to get a signature. I stayed in my nice “semi” warm truck and sorted

KOG72

I’m full of it
No phones? Guess they’re issuing all the phones this year. My buddy was telling me they don’t work half the time, then they get bitches at for not using the helper board. Typical lol
They give me the phone,so when the helper shows up I ask him if he knows how to use this,if not we don’t use it.

KOG72

I’m full of it
All my helpers ever did was run with the packages. The only thing I ever taught them was how to get a signature. I stayed in my nice “semi” warm truck and sorted
Dropping packages off at the door is not rocket science,why in the hell do they want to make it stupid.The other morning I saw a helper playbook,screw that.