The Disease Called "Premature Helperism"

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Wally, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Premature Helperism strikes again in centers all across the states. Seems to only strike Management? Common signs are confusion along with no sense of reality as management cannot comprehend why having a helper before the route is dense never works? No matter how long you try to explain that the helper is sitting as you drive from area to area, all they will mutter is "but you have a helper"? Help fight this dreaded disease!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

So it leads to blindness????

3. Wally

They are blind to the fact I don't need a helper yet, so yes.

4. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Here they'll give you a helper on a rural route. Then comment about running over plan as if we didn't have to waste 30-45 minutes on breaking route to pick up/drop off the helper.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Some routes a helper is a waste of time but every year IE insists otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

They need you to build him up.... instead of just sitting.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 22
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

I think it's a matter of competition. FedEx is probably running helpers already, so we've got to. Gotta attract and retain the help through the season.

8. Wally

If that is the case, zip the mouth with number comments. Can't have it both ways.

9. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Wut?

10. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

That's a picture of his C/M doing an OJS that's why he's carrying the package.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

No helpers at FedEx Express until about two weeks before Christmas. Plus, different kind of helper pool. Maybe FedEx Ground has helpers.

12. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

What they ought to do...is just make it clear to everyone that our job at this point is to train the helpers and get them up to speed on the DIAD so that they will be ready to go when all hell breaks loose in a couple of weeks. Every helper gets 6-8 hours per day and we dont care how the numbers look on the report. I like sports analogies, and if peak was an NFL season then this week would be the preseason where we practice and try out new plays and iron out the bugs in the system without being worried about the final score of the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I was about 20-30 stops under dispatched yesterday, and I got a helper for a couple hours. We are told to work them every day so they won’t quit when we need them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Wally

Sup running mouth off.

15. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

We give them cellphones to use. I had a couple helpers quicker with the phones than I am with the diad.

16. BlondeinBrown

BlondeinBrown Member

I got 300 stops and mostly everyone else does so this definitely isn’t “premature” for our building.

17. Wally

Not saying some cannot use helpers yet, but not all.

18. Raw

Raw Raw Member

We were only allowed to use helper for 2.5 hours max so it wasn`t worth their time to work.

19. tacken

tacken Active Member

Hummm a helper !!! Please be kind to them.

20. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The silly numbers game like keeping them for 2.99 hours so it looks better on a report.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List