The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box Ox

Alternatives are Facebook groups. There is one for UPS Feeder drivers I belong too.
However not much nonsense tolerated.

Facebook groups are not a viable alternative.

See the crust layer in this picture? That's about as deep as any UPS-related discussions are gonna get on Facebook relative to the ones we have here on Brown Cafe. Because there is no degree of anonymity on Facebook. Few people would stick around for that.

cr.jpeg

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The minority like it that way but I’ve no doubt that a stronger group of mods would make this a much more fun and helpful site.
I can tell you right now, if I become the administrator of the site, every moderator on that list is more than welcome to stay on. They would only be replaced if they chose to step down from the position.

Cheryl selected them, and she seemed to think they were the best people for the job. That’s good enough for me.

Overpaid Union Thug

Some would say that the consistency of threads getting hijacked by moronic statements is the worst part of this site and has turned many people off. The minority like it that way but I’ve no doubt that a stronger group of mods would make this a much more fun and helpful site. Anything off topic, delete and boot the ones consistently doing it.

Hijacked threads has been a major issue for a while. No matter how they were hijacked. It’s pathetic that anyone even needs to label them as on topic only.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I hope you guys can see the spot we Mods are in. To stop this, we'd have to come down hard, deleting all these mean and bullying replies.
And yet, we hear complaints every day how we over-moderate....

Middle ground is extremely hard to find.
Who is actually taking the time to complain to you guys? I understand if it’s something really egregious. But aren’t we all adults here?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Stick in the mudd…couldn’t give a rats ass and I’m just giving my opinion.

The whole point is why is there is there a ignore or block button though because a minority of people from what I see here take the “:censored2:s and grins” too far. Personally, I don’t care what you or anyone else does but I’m answering the initial question about moderators and what they can do with the forum.

If you come on here to let off steam (we all are..last time I checked the job still sucks) theres nothing wrong with that. But…people want suggestions as to how this board can better serve folks I’d like to think that keeping threads on topic is a good place to start. The consistency of threads and topics being spun into the usual BS by the same handful of folks is laughable but sad considering many use the forum to genuinely look for help and info. Some looking for help getting a foot in the door, some have genuine questions about things (not just socks) and maybe some have finance questions that maybe a guy or gal here can help them out with.

It sounds like you don’t like that and don’t want the same questions asked every peak or year..so offer your input and tell the mods to do something about or dry your eyes and deal with it…just as many have put up with the “:censored2:s and grins” for as long as they have had to here.

Hijacked threads has been a major issue for a while. No matter how they were hijacked. It’s pathetic that anyone even needs to label them as on topic only.

I remember joining this site and being afraid to post anything for fear of being ridiculed. Then one day I jumped in, took my lumps, and saw that the ball busting was a great way to get a thicker skin at work. UPS is a job that will grind you down if you let it, the “off topic” comments and antics here are a great way to see that it’s only a job, if you let it consume you you’ll never make it. Anyway I always thought this site did a good job of that, if you can make it here, you’ll have no problem making it at work.

newfie

If brown cafe shuts down
, how will I know where to get socks and what type of boots to wear , who will I ask if we have to work Christmas or do I get my wife's birthday off !!!!! Please ,,,, i gutstah knowz !!!
we do seem to have the monopoly on that question

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is the truth some of the funniest things I have ever read have been the husbands banging his boss or husband got fired but he didn’t steal anything threads
Pure comedy gold
Late only 80 times this year and getting harrassed...

Last edited:

Wally

Hall of fame thread in any forum!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hall of fame thread in any forum!

And this is why I'm thankful I don't read most of the Forums.

Wally

And who can forget all the classic BrownCafe brawls? Hours of entertainment and fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.