The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
that would be this sites competition and why membership and participation may be down here.
People are much more helpful over there. There are a couple UPS groups. I think there are 2 feeder groups. There are several drivers from my old Hub there and its good to catch up on current news.
When I left I was #85 out of about 185. Now I would be #29 out of nearly 300. ( 7 years retired since June 15th )

Doesnt matter. I liked the run I was on.

newfie

People are much more helpful over there. There are a couple UPS groups. I think there are 2 feeder groups. There are several drivers from my old Hub there and its good to catch up on current news.
When I left I was #85 out of about 185. Now I would be #29 out of nearly 300. ( 7 years retired since June 15th )

Doesnt matter. I liked the run I was on.
I'm not faulting you for being on FB. when the BC first came into existence there was little to compete with it. There are now many social media options. Some of us that have been around awhile and appreciate this site still come here others that discover it may at some point join us. Many of the younger kids think facebook is old fashioned and have probably gone on to even newer Social media options.

clean hairy

I hope you guys can see the spot we Mods are in. To stop this, we'd have to come down hard, deleting all these mean and bullying replies.
And yet, we hear complaints every day how we over-moderate....

Middle ground is extremely hard to find.
Going to be rough.
Cheryl was able to find the middle ground and stay there!

HavenoEDD

I hope you guys can see the spot we Mods are in. To stop this, we'd have to come down hard, deleting all these mean and bullying replies.
And yet, we hear complaints every day how we over-moderate....

Middle ground is extremely hard to find.

Some would say that the consistency of threads getting hijacked by moronic statements is the worst part of this site and has turned many people off. The minority like it that way but I’ve no doubt that a stronger group of mods would make this a much more fun and helpful site. Anything off topic, delete and boot the ones consistently doing it.
Joking aside, this site serves as a great tool in a few ways..I was told about this site by a young 22.4 and wish I knew about it sooner. There’s some great advice for drivers here but more importantly we can look back at how we can learn from Teamsters decades ago in the archives. We can also see what’s coming down the line as tech hits certain areas before ours and learn aspects of this before it’s upon us. DIAD 6 as the latest example.
It’s going to be a very interesting 12-18 months for teamsters and ups and I believe this site will continue to help those with questions…it’s also good to know that management watch this site like hawks 😂

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Some would say that the consistency of threads getting hijacked by moronic statements is the worst part of this site and has turned many people off. The minority like it that way but I’ve no doubt that a stronger group of mods would make this a much more fun and helpful site
You sound like a real stick in the mud
How many times does “where can I buy socks” need to be discussed
I come here for :censored2:s and grins and to let off some steam don’t like it there is an ignore button don’t be afraid to use it

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Some would say that the consistency of threads getting hijacked by moronic statements is the worst part of this site and has turned many people off. The minority like it that way but I’ve no doubt that a stronger group of mods would make this a much more fun and helpful site. Anything off topic, delete and boot the ones consistently doing it.
Joking aside, this site serves as a great tool in a few ways..I was told about this site by a young 22.4 and wish I knew about it sooner. There’s some great advice for drivers here but more importantly we can look back at how we can learn from Teamsters decades ago in the archives. We can also see what’s coming down the line as tech hits certain areas before ours and learn aspects of this before it’s upon us. DIAD 6 as the latest example.
It’s going to be a very interesting 12-18 months for teamsters and ups and I believe this site will continue to help those with questions…it’s also good to know that management watch this site like hawks 😂
The moronic comments are the best. We come to BC exactly for that. Some of the funniest material.

You could always start an "on topic only, extremely boring" thread.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The moronic comments are the best. We come to BC exactly for that. Some of the funniest material.
This is the truth some of the funniest things I have ever read have been the husbands banging his boss or husband got fired but he didn’t steal anything threads
Pure comedy gold

HavenoEDD

You sound like a real stick in the mud
How many times does “where can I buy socks” need to be discussed
I come here for :censored2:s and grins and to let off some steam don’t like it there is an ignore button don’t be afraid to use it
Stick in the mudd…couldn’t give a rats ass and I’m just giving my opinion.

The whole point is why is there is there a ignore or block button though because a minority of people from what I see here take the “:censored2:s and grins” too far. Personally, I don’t care what you or anyone else does but I’m answering the initial question about moderators and what they can do with the forum.

If you come on here to let off steam (we all are..last time I checked the job still sucks) theres nothing wrong with that. But…people want suggestions as to how this board can better serve folks I’d like to think that keeping threads on topic is a good place to start. The consistency of threads and topics being spun into the usual BS by the same handful of folks is laughable but sad considering many use the forum to genuinely look for help and info. Some looking for help getting a foot in the door, some have genuine questions about things (not just socks) and maybe some have finance questions that maybe a guy or gal here can help them out with.

It sounds like you don’t like that and don’t want the same questions asked every peak or year..so offer your input and tell the mods to do something about or dry your eyes and deal with it…just as many have put up with the “:censored2:s and grins” for as long as they have had to here.

HavenoEDD

You could always start an "on topic only, extremely boring" thread.
Completely agree. Sometimes there’s one that has you laughing out loud but most of the time it’s not quite that is it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If brown cafe shuts down
, how will I know where to get socks and what type of boots to wear , who will I ask if we have to work Christmas or do I get my wife's birthday off !!!!! Please ,,,, i gutstah knowz !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.