The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramtwo

interesting clicking around here....

Screenshot_20220621-122113.png

Overpaid Union Thug

I remember joining this site and being afraid to post anything for fear of being ridiculed. Then one day I jumped in, took my lumps, and saw that the ball busting was a great way to get a thicker skin at work. UPS is a job that will grind you down if you let it, the ā€œoff topicā€ comments and antics here are a great way to see that itā€™s only a job, if you let it consume you youā€™ll never make it. Anyway I always thought this site did a good job of that, if you can make it here, youā€™ll have no problem making it at work.
Personally, Iā€™ve never seen any content on this forum that qualifies as something that would toughen anyone up in real life. Annoying? Oh yeah!

Thebrownblob

Personally, Iā€™ve never seen any content on this forum that qualifies as something that would toughen anyone up in real life. Annoying? Oh yeah!
I think overall it captures the attitude one needs to have to survive this place. Somewhat flippant. Kind of I donā€™t give a :censored2: attitude. With a dose of thick skin and good humor. You can make it 30+ years.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think overall it captures the attitude one needs to have to survive this place. Somewhat flippant. Kind of I donā€™t give a :censored2: attitude. With a dose of thick skin and good humor. You can make it 30+ years.
Although I agree that in order to survive UPS one simply needs to not give a crapā€¦..I just donā€™t see the connection link between it and what goes on here. Because so many of the people that talk smack here wouldnā€™t dare try it in person wherever they work. LOL. Acting one way anonymously doesnā€™t necessarily line up with oneā€™s actual public persona.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Although I agree that in order to survive UPS one simply needs to not give a crapā€¦..I just donā€™t see the connection link between it and what goes on here. Because so many of the people that talk smack here wouldnā€™t dare try it in person wherever they work. LOL. Acting one way anonymously doesnā€™t necessarily line up with oneā€™s actual public persona.
Dude, I feel like youā€™re taking this way too seriously and personally.

Lot of these guys are just here to blow off a little steam, and I donā€™t think almost any of them mean any harm.

Overpaid Union Thug

Dude, I feel like youā€™re taking this way too seriously and personally.

I have no idea why you think Iā€™ve given any indications that a Iā€™ve taken anything thatā€™s been said or done here personally, or that Iā€™ve taken anything seriously. Let alone TOO seriously. HA!

Lot of these guys are just here to blow off a little steam, and I donā€™t think almost any of them mean any harm.
Fair enough. Doesnā€™t mean that some of their methods arenā€™t, at worst, slightly annoying. But why the need to blow off steam? We get paid $40/hr to grab packages in a truck, walk them to a door step, knock/ring, return to truck, drive to next stop, rinse/repeat. If I was having issues accomplishing that, or was too much of wuss to stand up to some supervisor with a spreadsheet, I definitely wouldnā€™t think that derailing threads in a forum would help. LMFAO

newfie

Lot of people come here with a woe is me story. They then get some honest feedback that they may not hear from their shop steward or co-workers. If they listen they learn from it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Lot of people come here with a woe is me story. They then get some honest feedback that they may not hear from their shop steward or co-workers. If they listen they learn from it.
Oh yeah. Lots of good info here. There really is. Once you filter out the excess BS. Not just the hijacks. The dudes that arenā€™t aware, or canā€™t except the fact, that not everyone is covered by the same supplements. I think they are actually more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.