The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
Two people have shown interest, the first one is supposed to be in contact with Cheryl's daughter. The daughter does want somebody to take over the site and continue what Cheryl started. I don't know what it takes to turn over a domain name to a new owner. We also have to think about if this has to go through probate court from a legal standpoint first. Both of my inlaws passed away a year ago and it took the probate judge eight months just to name my sister-in-law the executor so we can do something with their estate.
Really important to name an executor. When my mom died she didn't leave much so my sister (who was named as executor) did a relief from administration (which just took a little paperwork and a quick rubber stamp from a judge) and it was done. Avoid any probate problems that way.

Supposedly Covid put the local court system way behind. Cheryl and Tony only had one child so hopefully, they had a will. I have to admit I haven't done one myself yet. I had to pay $1750 for half of our attorney's fees to start probating my in-law's estate. The same lawyer quoted me something like $2000 to do my will, I thought that was ridiculous. You can do a simple will yourself and file it at the courthouse.
Every state is so different on the probate laws

Johney

Two people have shown interest, the first one is supposed to be in contact with Cheryl's daughter. The daughter does want somebody to take over the site and continue what Cheryl started. I don't know what it takes to turn over a domain name to a new owner. We also have to think about if this has to go through probate court from a legal standpoint first. Both of my inlaws passed away a year ago and it took the probate judge eight months just to name my sister-in-law the executor so we can do something with their estate.
That's what I'm saying. It would have to be completely taken out of her and Tony's name for sure as a legal standpoint. It may just be easier to change the name oh so slightly and start a new site. Whatever it can be a dedication to Cheryl and Tony.

That's what I'm saying. It would have to be completely taken out of her and Tony's name for sure as a legal standpoint. It may just be easier to change the name oh so slightly and start a new site. Whatever it can be a dedication to Cheryl and Tony.
If that was the case I really do not think it will not work.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
This site would be child’s play for @TearsInRain to operate. Be nice if that lazy sob stepped up for once.
ive been a mod before, i was also a hall monitor as a kid, i think certain people just gravitate towards it

jannies trump.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It's really not. As long as you have an IT guy,someone to pay the bills(server,forum software,etc.)and someone to be an Administrator(they are the one's that have full control of the website, mod's have limited access)then you're good to go. Yes the hardest thing here would be finding someone to be Admin. Once all that is set up as long as there isn't constant IT problems it'll run itself(at least mine did). The big problem here is someone taking it over(if her daughter does not) needs all Cheryl's passwords,billing would have to be changed,etc. Yes taking it over will be hard it may be easier for someone(who want's to take the plunge)to just start a new website.

I seem to be the middle guy so far and I haven't heard anything from either party yet.

Still has the stop sign!
As far as Admins go, @scratch and @over9five would be my two nominations. Both are level headed, fair and never seem to lose their cool, which is mandatory in this circus.

Damn brah
What?

I still remember it's either the third or fourth grade.
Has some little pencil neck geek with the safety patrol badge on thought he was the top dog.

He started giving some buddy a hard time but crossing street without his authority and I still remember the kid's name.
He turned around walked back and cross the street and punched him right in his face it was fantastic

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
As far as Admins go, @scratch and @over9five would be my two nominations. Both are level headed, fair and never seem to lose their cool, which is mandatory in this circus.
Modding is difficult. I have always tried to be unbiased as possible whether I like a member or not. A person's view is always fine with me, I want to hear different sides of a story to be able to form a valid opinion on my own. It's the insults and behavior of members that get them thrown in the moderation queue line. Some people learn right away and some don't, I don't even remember why some are in there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.