The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger danger, stranger danger!!!
Stranger danger, stranger danger!!!
Screenshot_20220617-202923-487.png

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Whoever takes over might consider allowing members to invest.
I appreciate the thought.
Don't make this a monetary thing make it say this place can survive.
I don't know for once everyone has to pull together for the greater of the community

In respect for Tony and Cheryl
I agree with this sentiment entirely. This is a passion project for me. This is where I’ve come to hang out and vent for years now. Me wanting to get involved has absolutely nothing to do with money.
That's fine, if you have retirees running it. But if someone is going to take over that isn't just a corporate monstrosity, they will have to make an income somehow, and splitting between running a forum for free and working a full time plus job is asking a lot.
I have an income at UPS, so I’m not that fussed. Given that I’m part time, I should at least be able to dedicate enough time to the transition to be able to keep the ship right side up.

I agree with this sentiment entirely. This is a passion project for me. This is where I’ve come to hang out and vent for years now. Me wanting to get involved has absolutely nothing to do with money.

I have an income at UPS, so I’m not that fussed. Given that I’m part time, I should at least be able to dedicate enough time to the transition to be able to keep the ship right side up.
I like you so much I'll reduce my feet
Instead of Nicole post I'll take 2.75¢ per post

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

I think it’s a good thing someone from here wants to do it, you definitely know the place, especially the bar. You can count on my support if money is needed.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you change it too much others will leave.
I have to agree, most of us dont/didnt have time to go through a whole lot to join and wouldnt if it had been hard. Make a name, post agree to tos. I cant believe what it takes just to pay a bill online at times. Cheryl and Tony made this super slick. And if you were a nut job, you got canned. Done

I have to agree, most of us dont/didnt have time to go through a whole lot to join and wouldnt if it had been hard. Make a name, post agree to tos. I cant believe what it takes just to pay a bill online at times. Cheryl and Tony made this super slick. And if you were a nut job, you got canned. Done
I guess I snuck underneath the cracks.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Especially us older members. Lol

brett636

Thanks for making this thread @toonertoo. This is an important topic for those of us who have been on this site for awhile. Unfortunately nobody will run this site exactly as Cheryl and her husband did, and I imagine their family has more pressing issues than this little website.

The best option is someone who has experience running sites such as this one and has been apart of this community take over and continue Cheryl’s work. I’m kinda split on a third party company taking it over because they won’t care about the community as much as making sure they get as much ad revenue as they can generate. Atleast the site will be here for future UPS employees to read over, but it could very well turn into a ghost town. The whole thing shutting down and disappearing is a tough pill to swallow, but a real possibility if nobody takes over.

Overall I am thankful for the chance to peruse the brown cafe and what I have learned over the years here. Hopefully someone else can take Cheryl’s vision and run with it.

newfie

So leave then If it’s so bad. Thank goodness no one here listens to anything you have to say.

While we call make a place a little better like it used to be
We're basically there now. lot more fighting back then . The unspoken one advertised that he was management with his screen name. that attratcted every management hater in the company to spar with him.
He enjoyed returning fire and some of the battles were classic with him winning many and losing some.

personalities made the old days what they were. unfortunately they come and go.
One of the best ways of bonding was the chat room. I used to look forward to the sunday night chats.
while we tended to nip at each other on the threads we bonded much more in the chat room.
the corner bar takes up some of that slack but its not the same. no offense.
The return to a chat room could do much to rebuild the comradery here.

Status
Not open for further replies.