The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
To me that was what really changed the forum for the worst. And the constant purposeful necroposting that was rampant for a while. And the constant pointless arguing and repetitive “TTKU” and sarcastic “Hope this helps” jabs got old very quickly. It got harder and harder to filter out the BS from relevant content. It still is. But I don’t want to see the site fail. But won’t lose any sleep if it does. For me it already died years ago. I come here mainly out of habit and for the occasional nostalgia.
You forgot to mention the fedex forum. What a dumpster fire.

textat3

the best person to Run this website is the young man up in Minnesota who was active on YouTube during the contract negotiation.

newfie

Hey, I’m sorry ..if you cant handle a little online bullying then UPS isn’t for you.

it takes tough skin to be a RPCD
🧔‍♂️✊
there is an educational process that takes place here. New posters come here and often spin some nonsense, half baked information that then gets picked apart. Those that come here loud and brash get hammered. Those that come here somewhat humble and initially tread lightly tend to blend better. The written word can be more provocative. In another identity I've often said that if the person could have seen the :censored2: eating grin on my face they would not have been as offended. Instead you read written comments, it hits you in a different context then it was intended to be delivered you have some impression about the poster based on their presented profile and then you get triggered.

oldngray

nowhere special
there is an educational process that takes place here. New posters come here and often spin some nonsense, half baked information that then gets picked apart. Those that come here loud and brash get hammered. Those that come here somewhat humble and initially tread lightly tend to blend better. The written word can be more provocative. In another identity I've often said that if the person could have seen the :censored2: eating grin on my face they would not have been as offended. Instead you read written comments, it hits you in a different context then it was intended to be delivered you have some impression about the poster based on their presented profile and then you get triggered.
The poster will usually get his questions answered in the first few responses before things go off the rails. Unless it is a really stupid question that has been asked and answered a thousand times before.

over9five

Staff member
I hope you guys can see the spot we Mods are in. To stop this, we'd have to come down hard, deleting all these mean and bullying replies.
And yet, we hear complaints every day how we over-moderate....

Middle ground is extremely hard to find.

I hope you guys can see the spot we Mods are in. To stop this, we'd have to come down hard, deleting all these mean and bullying replies.

Honestly most of us don't have a problem with stuff getting to leave if it's inappropriate for way off topic
But somebody occasionally goes overboard, that's all I have to say on this subject

newfie

I'm sure its not easy. You cant read everything that was said and you tend to step in the middle of a pissing contest and have to make a call. i always thought a personal message might calm things down without the hard feelings but I've not been on that side of the solution. i dont know how much you deal with and if there is the time to do so.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

You guys are doing fine. Some people just don’t like to follow rules or think the rules don’t apply to them, and get upset when they’re called out for it.

newfie

You guys are doing fine. Some people just don’t like to follow rules or think the rules don’t apply to them, and get upset when they’re called out for it.
the mods cant be everywhere and see everything though I'm sure the rotating eyeball helps. :raspberry-tounge: Some people then make the assumption that missed infractions equates to condoned behavior. We probably should police our own more or report the most aggregious actions more.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Mods have an incredibly thankless job.

If you do your job perfectly, no one ever even notices.
If you screw it up, (or much more likely are perceived as screwing it up), everyone lays into you.

I think the moderators have done a tremendous job as a whole.

oldngray

nowhere special
Mods have an incredibly thankless job.

If you do your job perfectly, no one ever even notices.
If you screw it up, (or much more likely are perceived as screwing it up), everyone lays into you.

I think the moderators have done a tremendous job as a whole.
I have been a mod on a couple of other sites. Not worth the headaches.

Thebrownblob

Everybody needs to read this again:

Uh oh Time to put the hammer down!
1655649084020.gif

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Middle finger isn't. 😂
Seems the same reports all the times..if people get in a heated argument, take it to private message..no body wants to read it, monitor it or pick and choose which comment was worse, the go through dozens of post to see if it was quoted elsewhere

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My only complaint has been simply getting posts deleted without an explanation. I used to get notifications saying "your post was deleted for being off topic". When they just disappear I start to wonder what I did wrong, then start thinking the TOS is meaningless if my stuff gets deleted when it didn't violate any rules. I don't care too much about that here, It's just anonymous writing, no big deal. But if I felt I was being unfairly targeted by rogue mods, I probably wouldn't complain about it, I'd just stop posting.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't usually take my time to explain why a post is deleted..everyone here is an adult and knows when they are crossing a line..and as you know we are volunteers....sometimes if a post has been deleted, and you qoted it, it gets dumpstered also..you can ask any one of us to check and see why a post of yours was deleted..

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't usually take my time to explain why a post is deleted..everyone here is an adult and knows when they are crossing a line..and as you know we are volunteers....sometimes if a post has been deleted, and you qoted it, it gets dumpstered also..you can ask any one of us to check and see why a post of yours was deleted..
Why were all my posts deleated?

Status
Not open for further replies.