The future supervisor

AndUPSER

A ft sup actually though he was "special" for a long time because when he go interviewed for package handler he could not speak at all during the interview. I really can't wait to see how this plays out.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm not worried about it at all. He's saying he will be the greatest supervisor in the building, and he's dead serious about that, and that the job is going to be so much easier.

hmmmm tell me more, never heard a sup claim this before !!! lol

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
He's not, I've known him way before UPS. I thought UPS would be good for him since he has no skills or education. Now he will probably be a part time supervisor for life, if he doesn't get fired.
sooo are you saying UPS is only good for morons ???

AndUPSER

sooo are you saying UPS is only good for morons ???

No, but a lot of morons work for UPS. Both sides, union and management, have morons but the majority are not. I've seen guys use pt management as a huge stepping stone to a better career after college.

The hourly employees that stay at least 5 years most likely see the great pay and benefits and are not dumb enough to get fired, or become a pt supervisor if they are not going to attend school.

Is it possible to get out of operations without a degree?

No. UPS has too many career ft supervisors. They're all about turnover -ahem- mobility -ahem- OPPORTUNITY. GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU AND EVERYONE AND US AND US AND UPS.
We had a supervisor like the one described,
and he is gone now,
and the people rejoice.

If he passes the test he'll end up looking down to see where that floor he was just standing on could have gone: The union isn't involved, management doesn't do mediation, his fellow pt supes will recognize him as the type who turns on his own kind and they will turn on him, and there are two people in HR and one is at all times fixing the printer while the other is breaking it. Like yinyang everyone accomplishes and cares a harmonious nothing for the individual. He is a pinky trying to pull the middle off the hand to which he belongs. It won't work.

They may even stick him with the ft sup he has an issue with just to show him how much waist-level stretching is involved in staying on the lowest rung of management. I presume this also means he'll be your supervisor, which will likely be akin to standing outside in a lemur hurricane; painful but funny.

AndUPSER

Update on the guy: He is now a part time supervisor and did not file. Says he loves it because he doesn't do "crap" but he is not happy about his take home pay since he took a cut.