The Ghetto

oldngray

nowhere special
There are exceptions of course but the vast majority of mismanaged cities are run by Democrats. And a Republican mayor now does not mean he is the one who got a city into that situation.

MAKAVELI

There are exceptions of course but the vast majority of mismanaged cities are run by Democrats. And a Republican mayor now does not mean he is the one who got a city into that situation.
There are only exceptions in the mind of a republican. To paraphrase what you just said. "And a republican mayor now does not mean he is the one who got a city into that position." Then a democratic run city would not mean a city's problems are a result of a democratic leadership.

oldngray

nowhere special
There are only exceptions in the mind of a republican. To paraphrase what you just said. "And a republican mayor now does not mean he is the one who got a city into that position." Then a democratic run city would not mean a city's problems are a result of a democratic leadership.

Actually the democrats would still be at fault if they had controlled the city government for years.

MethodsMan

If not for Democrats you wouldn't have all the wonderful benefits your union grants you. Just sayin...

Rainman

Its all good.
I agree with some of the other posters who said to treat everyone respectfully, don't talk down to them. I spent my first peak as a driver of that kind of route and quickly learned that there were a lot of good people there, with just enough of the bad ones to give the area a bad name. I admit I still stand off to the side when I knock because they say we knock just like" the man", if I have to go there for any reason. Luckily, my route is in the burbs where I don't have to worry about that kind of thing on a regular basis. People say it a lot like Maybury.

Sent using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

RemoteObserveCar.jpg
The route I'm on, there's a "black" ghetto in one part, and then a good portion of the other half is the white trash ghetto.

Not much of a difference between the two as to how I get treated *shrug*

The black part has maybe 30-40 houses at the most.

Oh, and this is usually parked in that part of the neighborhood.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The route I'm on, there's a "black" ghetto in one part, and then a good portion of the other half is the white trash ghetto.
Not much of a difference between the two as to how I get treated *shrug*

That's how I feel. The difference between white trash and black thugs is very negligible. They both "trick out" their cars, both like to wear their pants off of their asses, love to get drunk and carry guns, and butcher the English language

Overpaid Union Thug

I hope that suit can take a bomb. You do know there aren't very many republican run major cities. It's hilarious that republicans are so quick to point out political affiliation as to the reason to violence in our inner cities. Try educating yourselves on the actual reasons.

Because inner cities have a higher concentration of black people and statistics (not racism) show that they are offing each other, as well as others, in record numbers. In my state, which is Tennessee, clearly a red state, we have one of the highest murder rates in the country. The murders are being committed by a minority of people but in a dense population. This creates the false impression that the rest of the state is dangerous. If we were to take the inner city crime out of Memphis and Nashville Tennessee would jump from being one of the most dangerous states statistically to one of the safest. Just a small percentage of people in certain areas of two cities are making an entire state look bad.

http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/a...ban-rural-divide-is-splitting-america/265686/

The only major cities that voted Republican in the 2012 presidential election were Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Fort Worth, and Salt Lake City. With its dominant Mormon population, Mitt Romney was a lock in the Utah capital; Phoenix nearly voted for Obama. After that, the largest urban centers to tilt Republican included Wichita, Lincoln, Neb., and Boise.

This divide between blue city and red countryside has been growing for some time. Since 1984, more and more of America's major cities have voted blue each year, culminating in 2012, when 27 out of the nation's 30 most populous cities voted Democratic. According to Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections and The New York Times, the 2012 election marked the fourth time in the last five federal election cycles that voters shifted away from the party of the sitting president. Despite that constant churn, one part of the electoral map has become a crystal clear constant. Cities, year by year, have become drenched in more blue. Everywhere else is that much more red.

Every once in a while I see an article about people "fleeing" all of these cities for various reason. Because taxes are too high. Crime rates are too high. Etc.,etc. I know my family will never live in a big city. I make no distinction between red or blue cities. I avoid them all equally.

MAKAVELI

Because inner cities have a higher concentration of black people and statistics (not racism) show that they are offing each other, as well as others, in record numbers. In my state, which is Tennessee, clearly a red state, we have one of the highest murder rates in the country. The murders are being committed by a minority of people but in a dense population. This creates the false impression that the rest of the state is dangerous. If we were to take the inner city crime out of Memphis and Nashville Tennessee would jump from being one of the most dangerous states statistically to one of the safest. Just a small percentage of people in certain areas of two cities are making an entire state look bad.

Every once in a while I see an article about people "fleeing" all of these cities for various reason. Because taxes are too high. Crime rates are too high. Etc.,etc. I know my family will never live in a big city. I make no distinction between red or blue cities. I avoid them all equally.
Big city problems are exactly that, big city problems. Not a black problem, hispanic problem, or a white problem. It's not even exclusive to the US. Large cities all across the world have these same exact problems. These problems will continue to exist as long as the rest of the country continues to turn a blind eye to it. The gap between the rich and the poor only gets wider and wider, perpetuating the cycle of poverty and crime.

upsgrunt

Big city problems are exactly that, big city problems. Not a black problem, hispanic problem, or a white problem. It's not even exclusive to the US. Large cities all across the world have these same exact problems. These problems will continue to exist as long as the rest of the country continues to turn a blind eye to it. The gap between the rich and the poor only gets wider and wider, perpetuating the cycle of poverty and crime.

Do you think if you gave every "poor" person in those situations a million dollars that their lives would change, or that they would stay the same except that they would have that money spent in a few years? They still wouldn't get a job or contribute to society.

MAKAVELI

Do you think if you gave every "poor" person in those situations a million dollars that their lives would change, or that they would stay the same except that they would have that money spent in a few years? They still wouldn't get a job or contribute to society.
How do you know what another person will do? That's the definition of prejudice and bigotry. Maybe you are thinking what you would do.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you have a big house and an expensive car= Your big ballin. If you have a ok size house and a really expensive car= Your a wanna be or poser. If you live in a trailer and an have an expensive car, your trash, or your ghetto. Get what im sayin lol. Just funny how you see this stuff on delivery and you can come up with these classifications like your a psychologist or a human behaviorology doctor lol.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where I'm at, most of the people who live in the ghetto are honest hard working people. I'm one of them.... and so are most of the other part-timers I work with.

I was raised here, this is my city, and I love it. I take the bad with the good, and won't abandon my community out of fear or convenience. I'm not judging people who participate in the "white flight" that contributes to the problem, especially the ones who have kids..... but I love my hood.

Just something to maybe keep in mind, lots of your teamster brothers have to deal with the ghetto too, because we live here.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Mayberry?

Just look at county demographics numbers on the US census site. Compare those with crime statistics for the same area. Patterns should emerge.

All areas have problems, but I believe more affluent areas have more personal type problems like drug abuse and family problems, and much less such as robbery. I'm in NJ, but drug abusers here sometimes get arrested in Newark, where drugs are more plentiful, so that may throw numbers off.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When you decide to live off of the government, they want to contain everyone closely together. Not too many projects in the country. At least not here. So you put a bunch of people together, who have no goals, no hope, no respect, and sit on the doorstep on the first of the month, waiting to get paid. Go out and spend it all and having nothing left the rest of the month, you find a bunch of people with too much time on their hands, and crime.
How it begins, many different reasons. How it ends, it wont will only get worse with the increase in programs.